What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Sesame Seed

Sesame Seed Senior member

Ah, yes! Luc Besson the master of the quirky yet enjoyable action film.

For that reason, I'd liked to have seen Luc Besson direct The Da Vinci Code with the following cast:

Thomas Gibson... Robert Langdon
    Sophie Marceau... Sophie Neveu
    Jim Broadbent... Teabing
    Jean Reno... Bezu Fache
    Peter Stormare... Silas
    Daniel Auteuil... Aringarosa
    Jonathan Hyde... Remy
    Mathieu Kassovitz... Lt. Collet
    and Jean Rochefort as Jacques Saunière

It would have turned out better. I also think the Paris scenes would have been a great homage to the city where he was born.'

2. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

Does this take place in Cleveland?
    Yes

3. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just watched The Fighter on Netflicks. Good movie.

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm looking forward to this as soon as I get rid of my nasty noisy cough.

[​IMG]

5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Before the Devil Knows Your Dead.

Even if you didn't get to see Marrisa Tomei's bewbage on the regular, movie would have been great.

Can't believe dudes on Netflix gave that shit like 3.5 stars.

6. christinedaae

christinedaae Senior member

[​IMG]
    This was surprisingly good. I like the high concept and its transference to the screen. Everything is still pretty plausible and they avoided cheap clichÃ[​IMG]s. The acting was solid, particularly Bradley Cooper. He anchored the film well. De Niro, for once in the last however many years, isn't unbearable. There isn’t much of a kick to the ending, but it never gets dull. Also, the camera work and special effects allow you to partially experience the drug without popping the pill. See it.

I went to go see this moving today. I am a recovered drug addict (in real life). You can take that drug he was using, substitute whatever hard drug on the street you can think of, and that, is exactly, verbatim, how that person feels throughout the drug process. From "how fucking bad can it be " to "this is the greatest shit on earth" to the first time you get really high and fuck the girl and get the work done and you get so much shit done and you can't see why anyone would have a problem with this, to everything is great as long as I have my stash, to oh shit I see the real side effects to this but i can't stop using it but i really want to stop lol, to the point where you aren't even using to get high anymore you are just using to maintain, to being able to randomly look at someone and within seconds tell if they use or not, even if they aren't high at the moment, to the desperation of licking fucking blood to get high. Been there. Every last freaking step. The movie puts addiction into terms that non addict people can clearly understand. That is a great movie.

7. dfan92

dfan92 New Member

i didn't like this movie at all. sure the acting was spot on, but was the entire premise of the movie just that NZT gave you a large advantage? at least utilize it meaningfully.

8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Blockbuster is going out of business near where i work, picked up the counterfeiters, persepolis, angels in america pts 1 and 2, and synecdoche new york

9. christinedaae

christinedaae Senior member

i didn't like this movie at all. sure the acting was spot on, but was the entire premise of the movie just that NZT gave you a large advantage? at least utilize it meaningfully.

do you not understand that it killed everyone that did it? hell you can do meth and not sleep for weeks, why not legalize that since it gives you such an advantage.

10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

got roped into watching 'Tamara Drewe' after watching The Disappearance of Alice Creed. geez. someone kill me! waaayyy too little boobage!

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Watched I (heart) Huckabees last night

Quirky, watchable

The lead, forgot his name, is great in that HBO show Bored To Death

12. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Watched I (heart) Huckabees last night

Quirky, watchable

The lead, forgot his name, is great in that HBO show Bored To Death

I heart I Heart Huckabees. I've really come to love David O. Russell, even if he swore to never work with George Clooney again. That movie is just fabulous. So many good actors turning in so many good performances. Jude Law and Mark Wahlberg are just tops. The actor you are thinking of is Jason Schwartzman.

13. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I heart I Heart Huckabees. I've really come to love David O. Russell, even if he swore to never work with George Clooney again.

That movie is just fabulous. So many good actors turning in so many good performances. Jude Law and Mark Wahlberg are just tops.

The actor you are thinking of is Jason Schwartzman.

Yes! This is one of my favorite comedies of the last 10 years.

14. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

Presently watching:

Kamikaze Girls (Tetsuya Nakashima) - I've seen it before and enjoyed it so I decided to give it another watch.

Hazard (Sion Sono) - Everything Sion Sono has done (besides 'Strange Circus') I've loved. I recommend his films to everyone.

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The actor you are thinking of is Jason Schwartzman.

Thats him.

You guys should watch Bored To Death, its a great show