• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the 1981 Excalibur at my local film club today and really enjoyed it. Grandiose in parts, grimy in others with some great ideas and a very broad telling of the legend. I was surprised John Boorman also directed Deliverance.

Excalibur seems ripe for a remake anyhow, with a more LOTR budget to suit the rather epic material.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Boondock Saints, style over substance and an enormous slice of ham from Dafoe, but at least watchable.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watched the 1981 Excalibur at my local film club today and really enjoyed it. Grandiose in parts, grimy in others with some great ideas and a very broad telling of the legend. I was surprised John Boorman also directed Deliverance.
Excalibur seems ripe for a remake anyhow, with a more LOTR budget to suit the rather epic material.

Loved Excalibur, saw it as a double feature with Mad Max II.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Boondock Saints, style over substance and an enormous slice of ham from Dafoe, but at least watchable.

Now watch Overnight, the rags-to-riches-to-rags story of Troy Duffy.

lefty

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally managed to watch "Shame". It´d been a while since I saw such a raw and intense performance. Can´t understand how he was overlooked at the oscars, he was simply amazing. And Steve Mcqueen does a fantastic job directing. There´s such an ease and quiteness in a lot of the scenes but full of poetry and filled with a plethora of emotions. I loved it.

Mariooo

Reaction score
LOL I just realized I already watched a Serbian Film about 2 years ago :crackup:
now that explains why some things seemed so familiar

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a pretty great double bill, very eclectic. Mad Max after Excalibur?

My GF loves Boondock Saints but I just can't get away with it, it's just too silly for my liking, especially the Rocco character.

Finally managed to watch "Shame". It´d been a while since I saw such a raw and intense performance. Can´t understand how he was overlooked at the oscars, he was simply amazing. And Steve Mcqueen does a fantastic job directing. There´s such an ease and quiteness in a lot of the scenes but full of poetry and filled with a plethora of emotions. I loved it.

Agreed, excellent film indeed.

LOL I just realized I already watched a Serbian Film about 2 years ago :crackup:
now that explains why some things seemed so familiar

Haha nothing condemns a schlock film like it being so forgettable. What did you think of it?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Women think the guys are hot in it. I think women are stupid. Actually wait, I know women are stupid.

Mariooo

Reaction score

That's a pretty great double bill, very eclectic. Mad Max after Excalibur?
My GF loves Boondock Saints but I just can't get away with it, it's just too silly for my liking, especially the Rocco character.

Haha nothing condemns a schlock film like it being so forgettable. What did you think of it?

see page 298 ;)
not too bad, not too good. average.
but I think the story material would have asked for a much more darker, nastier movie & cinematography. Especially the second half, the tone was way too comical for me to take it really serious.

Boondock Saints:
Yeah I know that, it's also highly praised around my parts of Europe, and I can see the reason why it has this huge cult following, it's an enjoyable ride for sure, but other than that, I'm more in line with patrickBOOTH....

ah, speaking of Schlock - I just watched the "American Grindhouse" documentary.. and I certainly did enjoy that. :)

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure it was Excalibur first then Mad Max 2 but it was a long time ago.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually have a visceral hatred for Boondock Saints. The most pretentious load of sophomoric garbage that I've ever seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads