• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not film but did anyone watch rubicon on amc a couple of years ago? It was a great show I was so pissed when it didnt get picked up for a second season.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I watched it (there was a thread for it here too). It really grew on me by the time it was axed.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my brother just forced me to watch the three stooges.

it was actually surprisingly entertaining. one of those so bad its kinda good things. not to mention some serious boobage/cleavage between sofia vergara, kate upton and others.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unforgiven

Great movie, wonderful soundtrack

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unforgiven
Great movie, wonderful soundtrack

I thought it was pretty mediocre. Some decent parts, but the whole 'unforgiven' emotional bend didn't work out at all and seemed really forced. So in the end it was just a western that felt less western than the Clint Eastwood greats like The Man With No Name trilogy.

Watched Quiz Show. Solid movie, good performance by Paul Scofield, and entertaining. The plot was just a little bit clunky (in particular the final realization of the fix, way to prove it were a bit deus ex machina) but it was a good dramatization of the events with a nicely-woven backdrop of human virtue.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ enjoyed unforgiven, not blown away by it.

^^^ loved quiz show. deserves a re-watch, its been a while.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see unthinkable? I havent seen it recently and it could use another watch.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone see unthinkable? I havent seen it recently and it could use another watch.

Yup. Quite interesting topic. Now that you mention in, I think I'll watch it again too.

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will see Priest with my son now. Never seen it before but from the trailer it looks pretty good (fingers crossed)

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many times do people need to bring up that in looper they used prosthetics to make him look more like a young Bruce Willis. That's why he looks weird. Even so it doesn't affect the movies interesting time travel plot.

really?

did not work. doesn't even make sense.

Emily Blunt is wonderful, as usual. She's got a burn you see mebe once in a generation.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will see Priest with my son now. Never seen it before but from the trailer it looks pretty good (fingers crossed)

Sleek and stylish, but those qualities are wasted on a dull, derivative blend of sci-fi, action, and horror.
:p

How old is your son?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Will see Priest with my son now. Never seen it before but from the trailer it looks pretty good (fingers crossed)

how old is your son? cool movie, but not exactly great. mindless vampire action.

Mariooo

Reaction score

I did say low budget...it isnt for everyone but I enjoyed it. Need to watch it again.

I enjoyed "Ink" also very much. Great little movie.

I had lots of time to kill this week, and just finished reading a book about slasher movies which brought back a lot of memories, so I ended up (re-)watching some of them, and then going straight to some newer films...

Friday the 13th 1-4, My Bloody Valentine, The Burning, Fritt Vilt 1+2, Tourist Trap, Basket Case, A Serbian Film, A L'Interieur, Super, The Dark Knight Returns Part 1, The Avengers

:paranoia: :crazy: :paranoia: :lol:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads