Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. gort

gort Senior member

Gerard's character seemed to calculating to let himself get caught so easily. It almost makes you think he meant to get caught since he pretty much had nowhere to go, unless he wanted to spend the rest of his life in jail.

Funny thing, watching the documentary on the blu-ray, Gerard was originally slated to play the DA (Fox's character), but he suggested he switch roles.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Sup.

On the flights watched Stone which I thought was actually not bad. Not great, not awful either but still pretty good. For most of it.

Social Network which I liked a lot.

Couple of the Charlie Brown stuff (actually like that shit).

Some neat documentaries about the Himalayas and the building of the Millau Bridge...seem to think I saw something else that I enjoyed.

I dug the Social Network also(saw it 2 weeks ago)...but all of those accolades???

3. Boston Litigator

Boston Litigator Well-Known Member

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I dug the Social Network also(saw it 2 weeks ago)...but all of those accolades???

Exactly. Writing was really bad a lot of times....

5. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

That's my beef with it as well. I thought it was really good, but I don't think it's deserving of all of the acclaim that it is getting.

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

It's been a while since I last watched it but I somewhat agree with you. From what I remember, they did some pretty unconventional Hollywood stuff so I was surprised that they didn't just let him be at the end. Funniest scene was the cellphone/gun, btw. [​IMG]

Totally agree with you about the cellphone/gun things.

On an unrelated note, how much of a re-TARD am I for putting "Spoiler Alert" in that last post, when I clearly should have used the Spoiler Tags?

Gerard's character seemed to calculating to let himself get caught so easily. It almost makes you think he meant to get caught since he pretty much had nowhere to go, unless he wanted to spend the rest of his life in jail.

Funny thing, watching the documentary on the blu-ray, Gerard was originally slated to play the DA (Fox's character), but he suggested he switch roles.

They could've just switched roles and I think the whole thing would have worked as well as it did.

7. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

Watched Mother the other night, really great movie. The same dierector also did the Host a few years back which was also badass. Both must see movies IMO.

Also rewatched Love Liza, fucked up movie.

Joon-ho Bong has put together a great career so far. His best film, in my opinion, is "Memories of Murder". Absolutely phenomenal and a great showcase for my favorite actor, Kang-ho Song.

8. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

The Host rocked, I'll definitely check out Mother and Memories of Murder

9. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

The Host rocked, I'll definitely check out Mother and Memories of Murder

If you can't, also try to get your hands on "Barking Dogs Never Bite", his first film and one of Bae Doona's first major film roles. Very different than his later work but very good.

10. binge

binge Senior member

11. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

12. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Elevator to the Gallows

I recently came across the soundtrack album, the "lost" Miles Davis recording. It's pretty phenomenal. Supposedly it was recorded a few weeks after "Kind of Blue", and while not another masterpiece, it could easily be considered the sister album.

13. binge

binge Senior member

Yeah, it's great as stand-alone music and an exceptional pairing to the movie.

14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I should be getting the Eliot Spitzer docu from Netflix today. Anyone check that out?

15. gort

gort Senior member

Winter's BOne came from netflix. Hoping to fit it in this weekend.