What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

A Single Man

Carlos part 1, 2 and 3 in one sitting

The Thing. Again. Love this film.

2. Logan

Logan Senior member

I watched The Crazies and Due Date today. The Crazies was nothing like I expected, but I liked it. Due Date was good too, but I don't like Zach Gala-whatervers character, he's a bit of a bitch.

When RDJ spits on the dog, I laughed my ass off. I didn't see that coming at all. Soo fucking funny

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Just finished checking out Welcome to the Rileys. Took a little while to get going but not a bad flick.

4. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

In the last week:

Man Jeuk (The Sparrow)
    Last Days of Disco
    Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto
    Late Autumn

All recommended.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Last Days of Disco was cool....

6. Lord-Barrington

Last Days of Disco was cool....

Very underrated, both by audiences and critics. The characters are vapid, pretentious, and totally self absorbed but you still feel more affection for them than 99% of characters cooked up by Hollywood.

7. dhaller

dhaller Senior member

Very underrated, both by audiences and critics. The characters are vapid, pretentious, and totally self absorbed but you still feel more affection for them than 99% of characters cooked up by Hollywood.

Whit Stillman understands that characters are what drive stories; many film directors would do well to remember this.

I've finally reached the point where I cannot stand seeing a movie in a theatre, so I'm entirely dependent on Netflix.

Currently - in between episodes of "The Wire" (I'm on season 3) - I have "My Neighbor Totoro", "A Fistful of Dollars" and "Sansho the Bailiff" in the immediate cue.

DH

8. Lord-Barrington

Whit Stillman understands that characters are what drive stories; many film directors would do well to remember this.

I've finally reached the point where I cannot stand seeing a movie in a theatre, so I'm entirely dependent on Netflix.

Currently - in between episodes of "The Wire" (I'm on season 3) - I have "My Neighbor Totoro", "A Fistful of Dollars" and "Sansho the Bailiff" in the immediate cue.

DH

Those are all rock solid picks! You'll have some good times watching those selections.

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Just finished checking out Welcome to the Rileys. Took a little while to get going but not a bad flick.

Did you like Kristen Stewart?

I watched The Next Three Days last night. It dragged a bit in the middle but was entertaining overall. Bonus points for Olivia Wilde.

10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Did you like Kristen Stewart?

I watched The Next Three Days last night. It dragged a bit in the middle but was entertaining overall. Bonus points for Olivia Wilde.

she actually did a good job in the movie IMO.

11. 309misbehaviors

309misbehaviors Member

Watched Mother the other night, really great movie. The same dierector also did the Host a few years back which was also badass. Both must see movies IMO.

Also rewatched Love Liza, fucked up movie.

12. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

I watched Wah Do Dem last night which just might be one of my favorite films ever, haven't seen anything as good in months. Also saw Youth In Revolt which I had passed on when it came out but decided to see it based on a co-workers recommendation. Was actually much better than I had thought it would be.

13. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Carlos part 1, 2 and 3 in one sitting
    Was it worth it? I did about 15 min of part 1 and thought it to be okay. Haven't decided whether to continue or not. Watched a few min of Law Abiding Citizen again the other day Spoiler Alert . . . . Okay, here's the thing, for anybody who has watched LAC do you think the movie would have been better if Gerard Butler gets away at the end? I think the movie would have been 10x better under this scenario. . . . End Spoiler Alert

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Sup.

On the flights watched Stone which I thought was actually not bad. Not great, not awful either but still pretty good. For most of it.

Social Network which I liked a lot.

Couple of the Charlie Brown stuff (actually like that shit).

Some neat documentaries about the Himalayas and the building of the Millau Bridge...seem to think I saw something else that I enjoyed.

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Watched a few min of Law Abiding Citizen again the other day..
    It's been a while since I last watched it but I somewhat agree with you. From what I remember, they did some pretty unconventional Hollywood stuff so I was surprised that they didn't just let him be at the end. Funniest scene was the cellphone/gun, btw. [​IMG]