• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Total crap fest, don't bother with this garbage.

Completely badass, must see if you enjoyed Ricki-Oh.

Please post any other horror movies you've been watching that are worth a view.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watched the great gatsby with redford and farrow. wasnt bad, but the whole story made me nauseous. ima hold off on a rant, but long story short, i wasnt all too pleased.

yes, i know its based on a book.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a real ****** movie, I think. Couldn't sit through it.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grantland's Bill Barnwell had an interesting Tweet last night. If you were to remake Die Hard, who would you cast in the roles of John McClane and Hans Gruber?
<P>
<P>
The early returns had Tom Hardy and Christopher Waltz competing for the Gruber role.
<P>
<P>
I think the Gruber role is easy to cast and that the McClane role is much harder to fill. I think Ben Foster could do a respectable job.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grantland's Bill Barnwell had an interesting Tweet last night. If you were to remake Die Hard, who would you cast in the roles of John McClane and Hans Gruber?
<P>
<P>
The early returns had Tom Hardy and Christopher Waltz competing for the Gruber role.
<P>
<P>
I think the Gruber role is easy to cast and that the McClane role is much harder to fill. I think Ben Foster could do a respectable job.

Good call on Tom Hardy, I would say Viggo Mortensen as Gruber

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You forgot something, my friend.

havent read, ill take your word. tbh, the thing i liked best about the movie was the narration. i assume a lot of it was quotes form the book.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure. I was never really interested in seeing the movie.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure. I was never really interested in seeing the movie.

you are not missing a whole lot. i read that it very closely follows the story, cant imagine it adds anything.

do you plan on seeing the upcoming one with leo?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 70s Gatsby movie wasn't awful. Not great at all but Redford and Farrow have a lot of movie star charm. They didn't really nail the tone of the book but at least they didn't turn it into a 90s music video the way Baz Luhrmann appears to have done.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

watched the great gatsby with redford and farrow. wasnt bad, but the whole story made me nauseous. ima hold off on a rant, but long story short, i wasnt all too pleased.
yes, i know its based on a book.

I have not read the book, but I refuse to see the movie until I read the book. Same thing with all of the Lolita movies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads