1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

Just finished Snowtown. Not as "hard to watch" as people made it out to be. Didn't like how it ended abruptly.

2. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Tell no one, great flick!

3. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Finally got around to watching Moon with Sam Rockwell. I'm not too familiar with sci fi but this was great for a directional debut, although the ending was underwhelming.

4. why

why Senior member

Yeah, by just making the clones go into the pod and be incinerated/sent off into space/whatever instead and for the people on earth to actually never come at all would've been so much better (and it's what I expected to happen). The ending ruined the entire premise of the movie.

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Really? I thought it was very appropriate. It wasn't a dramatic ending by any means; instead, it was the breaking of the cycle that made the movie great for me. The ending itself -- which was appropriately very short (longer certainly would have been pointless) -- was just the logical conclusion to that. But hey, different strokes....

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Shadow of a Doubt. Always get a kick out of the lighting and muliple shadows in these films

7. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

My problem wasn't really with the lack of drama, it jst seemed rushed how they decided to add the compilation of newscasts from Earth about his arrival, that felt really cheap. I would've been happy if it just ended with him flying off towards Earth in the spacepod in silence

8. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Ah, gotcha. I guess I didn't mind it, but I didn't need it either.

9. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Just watched the change up with my parents...up there with the most awk movies you can watch with your parents...but at this point i dont care anymore and my mom thought it was hilarious.

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The Thin Red Line

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

^One of my favorites.

I tried watching The Hunger Games, just for the hell of it. I made it about 40 minutes into it, and couldn't continue. What an awful movie.

1 person likes this.
  12. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

The Hunter

Quite possibly the shittiest, unexplainable ending to ever be in a movie.

He spends all this time hunting a Tasmanian Tiger, the last of its kind. Finally he finds it at the very end and shoots it (like he was supposed to) but rather than bring it back to be tested, he burns it in a fire?????? if you're not going to put it to good use, don't shoot the fucking thing. You just caused an animal to become extinct and you burn it?????I don't know if it was supposed to be some sort of spiritual B.S. but it didn't make sense. Even if it can't reproduce because it's the last of it's kind, it can at least enjoy the last of it's life in peace (or maybe there's 2 of them and you just killed the last thing it can reproduce with)

fuck tard

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I thought it was a pretty good movie. A bit too subtle and vague at times which made it hard to understand some of the nuances but overall it was a well made film. It's not a date movie for sure.

I liked the ending actually.

14. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks lefty. i have seen it, and i quite liked it. :)

i felt this way too. i liked the ending.

15. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Watched 21 Jump Street friday night. I thought it was pretty funny. Went and saw Lawless on Saturday. Great movie. Tom Hardy was amazing in it.

My favorite Hitchcock film.

16. in stitches

really want to see that.

17. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

+ 1, I'm a great fan of Tom Hardy, really want to see it.

I went to see Scarface at the cinema tonight. My town has a great little film club which shows classic films each week, though I was gutted to miss Withnail and I last week.

18. in stitches

i just watched he dictator. i actually enjoyed it. the conversations between the dictator and his nuclear bomb maker, nadal, were hilarious. the ending speech was lolzy too. not a terrible flick.

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Notorious (1946)

I've been obsessed with Hitchcock, Grant, & Bergman for their respective roles. Bergman is an anomaly to me. Trying to think of a current day actress to compare here to

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  20. javyn

javyn Senior member

I thought the ending was great myself.