• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right on par with Richard Gere in "first knight", amiright?

It reminds me of Hollywood's unsurprising disrespect for German people. In English language films, the English have English accents, Russians have Russian accents, the French have French accents, everybody has an appropriate accent. 9/10 times Germans have English accents, never seem very German, and they're evil no matter what.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hunt for Red Oct isn't a classic for me..but it's right below....Very good flick.....
Nice suspense and Connery is good!!

"One ping Vasily....." HAHAHAH

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ Moon is fantastic. Speaking as a total SF nerd, it is one of my favorite movies of the last 5 years.
Recent movie watching:
[COLOR=FF00AA]Friends with Benefits. I found this surprisingly watchable - there are some genuinely funny bits, especially around gender stereotypes - Woody Harrelson was hilarious.[/COLOR]
Chinatown. Since it's been discussed so much lately, thought it was worth a revisit. This is one that is standing the test of time - great dialogue, great acting, just an overall perfect film.
Blade Runner. I watched theatrical release for the first time in more than 15 years. It really made me appreciate the director's cut - I found the voice-over jarring, and felt like they wound up telling us things that it's better to figure out on our own, or be left as a mystery. The happy ending was weak too.

Agree......Mila's mother was also kinda funny. Woody was very funny...

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sean connery is always awesome to listen to. what a voice.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sean connery is always awesome to listen to. what a voice.

"Once more, we play our dangerous game, a game of chess against our old adversary - The American Navy!"

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welp, finished hunt for red october, was awesome.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

welp, finished hunt for red october, was awesome.

also, not sure if that is realistic, but the submarine/torpedo war tactics were cool as ****.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I tried to watch blade runner once but I got bored and I was distracted playing a video game on my laptop or something. I really should watch it and eliminate any distractions to give it an honest go. Seems I'd like it given how much I love sci-fi.

What version did you watch? Actually, scratch that. Watch all of the versions you can get your hands on.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Moonrise Kingdom: Anderson is boring nuff said.

Rushmore was good. Never cared for any of his other stuff...boring indeed, though I haven't yet seen The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

watched moon per the suggestions here.
that was one hell of a movie. i had never heard of it. why didnt it get a wider release? sam rockwell was amazing, the plot was great, solid ending, and the music was beautiful.

Absolutely love that movie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads