• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched, The Man Nobody Knew, Columbus Circle, and Anonymous over the weekend.

a

Reaction score
The Life And Death Of Colonel Blimp
See this before you die then kick yourself that you hadn't seen it before.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
^ Moon is fantastic. Speaking as a total SF nerd, it is one of my favorite movies of the last 5 years.

Recent movie watching:

Friends with Benefits. I found this surprisingly watchable - there are some genuinely funny bits, especially around gender stereotypes - Woody Harrelson was hilarious.

Chinatown. Since it's been discussed so much lately, thought it was worth a revisit. This is one that is standing the test of time - great dialogue, great acting, just an overall perfect film.

Blade Runner. I watched theatrical release for the first time in more than 15 years. It really made me appreciate the director's cut - I found the voice-over jarring, and felt like they wound up telling us things that it's better to figure out on our own, or be left as a mystery. The happy ending was weak too.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Moon is fantastic. Speaking as a total SF nerd, it is one of my favorite movies of the last 5 years.

+1 I love Moon. One of my favourite soundtracks too

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tyler Perry's Tyler Perry Perry Tyler

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

was truly awesome. kudos to rockwell for an amazing performance.

Recent movie watching:
Friends with Benefits. I found this surprisingly watchable - there are some genuinely funny bits, especially around gender stereotypes - Woody Harrelson was hilarious.

+1, was a great flick, and harrelson was awesome.

Chinatown. Since it's been discussed so much lately, thought it was worth a revisit. This is one that is standing the test of time - great dialogue, great acting, just an overall perfect film.

goes without saying, but yeah, +!

Blade Runner. I watched theatrical release for the first time in more than 15 years. It really made me appreciate the director's cut - I found the voice-over jarring, and felt like they wound up telling us things that it's better to figure out on our own, or be left as a mystery. The happy ending was weak too.

interesting, i never saw it, but it is arriving tomorrow from netflix.

Watched Green Hornet last night. Ugh, that was painful.

yup. total crap.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
^ never seen Blade Runner, or never seen the theatrical release version?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^ never seen Blade Runner, or never seen the theatrical release version?

never saw blade runner. when i added alien on netflix it suggested balde runner, so i added it. :)

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to watch blade runner once but I got bored and I was distracted playing a video game on my laptop or something. I really should watch it and eliminate any distractions to give it an honest go. Seems I'd like it given how much I love sci-fi.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are a lot of older movies i never saw. im worin on it.

finishing the hunt for red october, tonight. never saw that either. ;)

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
"one ping only, Vasily."

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

I'll never understand the hype behind Red October. It was in no way a bad film, in fact I rather like the movie, I just don't understand why its "classic" status is so universal.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Four words explain the lasting appeal of The Hunt for Red October: Sean Connery's "Russian" accent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics