1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Thomas Crown Affair - New or Old Version?

I actually watched both versions, back to back.

2. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

3. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

The Disappearance of Alice Creed - fantastic low budget kidnap goes wrong thriller. Eddie Marsan nails it again.

Carlos - Brillaint (originally tv) 3- parter (not the redacted version). Based on stories of Carlos 'The Jackal's terrorist exploits around middle-east and Yurp. Superb actin'.

I was interested in Red for a sec. as someone mentioned The Malk. Then I saw on IMDB it has Willis in it. I don't think I'll bother. Also the plot sounds shite. This format or variation thereof needs recycling every year or so, I suppose.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ I've been meaning to watch Carlos but I just don't have the time. Definitely will be downloading it. If you liked Alice Creed, you might like Tamara Drewe.

5. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Fallen for Almodovar. Late to the party, but loving his particular genius. Five in, quite a few to go.

Broken Embraces
    All About My Mother
    Volver
    Talk To Her
    Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down

6. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Dirty Harry. First time. Great, much better than I expected actually. I have to say, I don't really understand the people who call the movie itself "fascist".

7. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Long Kiss Goodnight - I can't believe how many people on this forum have watched this movie in the past month.

It's been on cable. I watched it with my wife over the weekend, finally an action film that we both liked!

8. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

The Disappearance of Alice Creed - fantastic low budget kidnap goes wrong thriller. Eddie Marsan nails it again.

saw that about a month ago. also pretty good and the bond girl has a nice bod!

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

True Grit = awesome
    The Fighter = awesome, christian bale kills it

10. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

^ I've been meaning to watch Carlos but I just don't have the time. Definitely will be downloading it. If you liked Alice Creed, you might like Tamara Drewe.

Been longing to see it. Can't find torrents so far. Can wait.

11. BlackBrumel

BlackBrumel Senior member

Somebody watched "Tropa de Elite" (Elite squad)? Just curious. I'm not a big fan.

12. wickcrown

wickcrown Member

1. Shooter - Nearly a former sniper who is responsible to stop the assassination of the President, but there's a twist.
    2. The city - bank robbery, enough said?
    3 .Start - Some weird shit on their dreams. It's good though.
    4. The Box - About a button that when pushed by tugs gifts of $ 1 million, but guarantees the death of 2 persons. It was worth the watch.

All great movies. If you have not seen the first two still missing.

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Our Family Wedding...some funny parts.

15. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Collapse. Love watching docs like this and trying to think what if it's all gonna come true and how crazy that would be.

16. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee Senior member

My latest favorites have been "Layer Cake" (Daniel Craig as kind of a pussy) and "In Bruges" (Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes totally on the money.)

17. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

My latest favorites have been "Layer Cake" (Daniel Craig as kind of a pussy) and "In Bruges" (Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes totally on the money.)

Both of these are excellent.

18. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I watched Salt, The American, and Avatar on the plane.
    Avatar on a six inch screen in STEREO. It somehow got into the "critics choice" category on Delta's media guide... [​IMG]

19. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Been a fan of Layer Cake since release, and I've heard of a possible sequel. Just watched In Bruges this week, loved it.

20. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Animal Kingdom on DVD if you haven't seen it don't delay its a great film.

True Grit, amazing aside from the story and acting what bowled me over was the speech it was almost Shakespearian.

The Fighter, bloody amazing but OMG their sisters were like a mob of Greek Harpies I have never seen anything so butt ugly in life.