• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'll agree with you on the first two, but on that last point, you probably named 3 of my favorite directors of the past 30 years. Spike is pretty beat-you-over-the-head with the points he drives home, but Inside Man, 25th Hour, and He Got Game are all winners in my book. Anderson has a pretty affected look to all his movies, and if that puts you off I can understand. Tarantino, however, is probably the most surprising name here. I feel like he has decent stories, pretty good characters, and probably the best dialogue in movies today. What don't you like?

Do the right thing is one of my favorite movies. I think Spike Lee is kind of an asshole, but I love his films. Crooklyn is amazing.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 Empire, total crap IMO, don't know why people like it.

Tarantino...total crap. And I was a huge fan in the 90s, but now that I look back, Reservoir and Pulp were the only two Tarantino flicks worth a ****. I used to enjoy "Tarantinoesque" dialoge, now, I avoid movies like that at all costs. Quentin, you may think you're too cool for school, but I got news for you buddy....you're...not.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL why because I thought Alien Resurrection was dumb?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I gotta give him cred for Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, both were excellent, but Jackie Brown on was downhill.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I gotta disagree with ya right there - Jackie Brown is excellent, but that was the last decent Tarantino flick. Maybe he got to be too obsessed with toe sucking or something, but these days his name is a guarantee that the movie sucks.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like tarantino quite a lot. the kill bill movies are some of the few movies i will watch any time they are on. not as good as his earlier works, but i cant peel away from them. they are awesome.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I gotta disagree with ya right there - Jackie Brown is excellent, but that was the last decent Tarantino flick. Maybe he got to be too obsessed with toe sucking or something, but these days his name is a guarantee that the movie sucks.

well, it seems these days the production companies just like to associate him with whatever they can. i doubt he has much to do with a lot it, just collects money. and lets not forget four rooms. that movie was awesome. yes i know he only directed 1 room.

as to recent work, he directed death proof, which i liked, but i know most did not. and dont forget, it was supposed be that corny B type movie, thats what they were trying to make.

and then Inglourious Basterds which was awesome.

he has only actually directed 8 full length films to date:

2009 Inglourious Basterds

2007 Grindhouse (segment "Death Proof")

2004 Kill Bill: Vol. 2

2003 Kill Bill: Vol. 1

1997 Jackie Brown

1995 Four Rooms (segment "The Man from Hollywood")

1994 Pulp Fiction

1992 Reservoir Dogs

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I thought Kill Bill and Death Proof were unwatchable. The stuff that he is producer on is even worse. He went from being the next Scorcese to the next Corman.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tarantino's greatest accomplishment will always be True Romance.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought Kill Bill and Death Proof were unwatchable. The stuff that he is producer on is even worse. He went from being the next Scorcese to the next Corman.

i dont even know what he produced. i only care what he directed. i guess we will agree to disagree on death proof and kill bill. srs, KB is awesome.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tarantino's greatest accomplishment will always be True Romance.

there is truth to this. that movie is amazing. i only didnt include it because he wrote it, but did not direct it.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree about Death Proof. I turned it off just mintues into it.

I managed to make it through both Kill Bill, but they were silly and ridiculous.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is nothing unwatchable, silly or ridiculous about pulling someones eye out and smushing it between your toes. :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads