• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
710D30AF-CCAD-4588-BC84-528BDCE5E750.jpeg

Napoli. Felice is back to help his mother, who’s dying. But it isn’t the only reason why he came back. He would like to meet his best friend, Oreste, whom with he did something wrong when he was a teenager. He had to move to a foreign country after…
But Oreste became a Camorra boss, and hides in the Sanita district…

Great atmosphere, classic plot, excellent actors, and Napoli…
The actor playing Felice played the main part in Bellochio « The traitor ».

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Misfits. Surprised by this old drama, stellar cast and oscar worthy performance from Clark Gable(his last role) and really solid roles from the others Monroe(her last role), Clift and Wallach. An anti-western, but very interesting one.

Attachments

• lfssd.jpg
    lfssd.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 74

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just put this below some of my 5/5's:

The Hustler
Double Indemnity
The Godfather
Shawshank
Etc...

Plus...it rained too much in the movie!
:eh:

Still haven't seen the Shawshank :D , the others are on my top list as well 👌

shoewarma

Reaction score
After many times scrolling through Netflix and being intrigued by that seductive scene, I put on The Graduate last weekend. A decent romcom that seems to have paved the way for future movies in the genre. But, I didn't understand why Mrs. Robinson didn't want Ben to get involved with her daughter. Pretty enjoyable overall, but there are only so many times I can tolerate hearing "are you going to Scarborough fair".

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shawshank is a must see!
I’ve never seen a non TV version of Shawshank nor have I ever seen the movie all the way through from beginning to end. I’ve always watched it from some random point because I just land on it while flipping through channels.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched Lightyear and BP: Wakanda Forever on some overseas flights.

Lightyear- really enjoyed this but didn't see what the big deal was when one of the characters was a lesbian. It was such a minor thing that caused RW GQP types to lose their sh1t over.

BP- movie was okay but was really too long. Some parts just seemed to drag.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched Lightyear and BP: Wakanda Forever on some overseas flights.

Lightyear- really enjoyed this but didn't see what the big deal was when one of the characters was a lesbian. It was such a minor thing that caused RW GQP types to lose their sh1t over.

BP- movie was okay but was really too long. Some parts just seemed to drag.

Agree on both.

On Lightyear, saw it, enjoyed it. Didn’t think it was great, it is no Toy Story (quality of story telling/emotional impact).

My son LOVES the scene about sandwiches and actually turned his sandwiches inside out at summer camp and school for about two months after seeing the movie.

You’re spot on with the lesbian character. It’s just something for various pundits and their followers to point to. Look! They made a lesbian a supporting character and the movie underperformed!

BP, they were in a tough spot loosing Boseman. The tribute to the actor/character very well done. I actually like the Wakanda post-T'Challa aspects of the story. But the rest could have been trimmed. A lot. Maybe 30 minutes or more

Edited to add story about my son.

Last edited:

DandyWilfred

Reaction score
I watched The War Below (2021) recently. It's about the group of miners responsible for the explosion at the Battle of Messines. As much as I love war films, seeing a dozen about men on the frontlines or tasked with a rescue mission can become repetitive. This one avoids that, and it's executed brilliantly. I'd definitely give it a watch.

I also saw Kingsman: The Secret Service a couple of days ago. I enjoyed it. There were many creative choices that worked really well. It's a fresh addition to the spy genre. I'm going to watch the other two soon.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At home recovering from surgery giving me a chance to see Important Films You Must See.

First up was Ben-Hur. Clocking in at over 3.5 hours, it actually keeps moving pretty well. I had never seen the chariot race scene before, it is astonishing. Crazy to think it was all done using practical effects.

Followed by:
MH370: The Plane That Disappeared

Banshees of Inisherin

Pepsi, Where’s My Jet?

The Alpinist

Election

Everybody Wants Some!

Rocky IV

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Thank You For Smoking

All of which I recommend although the Pepsi one, like most Netflix limited series, should have been a little shorter.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At home recovering from surgery giving me a chance to see Important Films You Must See.

First up was Ben-Hur. Clocking in at over 3.5 hours, it actually keeps moving pretty well. I had never seen the chariot race scene before, it is astonishing. Crazy to think it was all done using practical effects.

Followed by:

Banshees of Inisherin

Pepsi, Where’s My Jet?

The Alpinist

Election

Everybody Wants Some!

Rocky IV

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Thank You For Smoking

All of which I recommend although the Pepsi one, like most Netflix limited series, should have been a little shorter.
I have Ben Hur on Blu-ray, it's one of my all time favorite movies. When I really crank the chariot race through the sound system, all of my lampshades hum...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also saw Kingsman: The Secret Service a couple of days ago. I enjoyed it. There were many creative choices that worked really well. It's a fresh addition to the spy genre. I'm going to watch the other two soon.
The church fight scene was totally fvcking awesome. The next 2 weren't as great as the first and with the last one really not fitting in with the first 2.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rewatched John Wick (the first one) for the first time since its release and still slaps. Hoping to catch John Wick 4 this week in theaters.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pepsi, Where’s My Jet?

Started MH370 last week. Haven't finished yet.

I caught the Pepsi one when it first came out. Not bad. Not great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads