• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
haha ai generated imagery from text prompts
movie poste craig 7.jpg

movie poste craig 8.jpg

craig seydoux 5.jpg

Steve McQueen movie

movie poste craig 12.jpg

am done with it though

menswear 2.jpg

Last edited:

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah that's enough I guess

craig 1.jpg

craig 3.jpg

craig 6.jpg

craig 7.jpg

me and craig, I am watching his back

craig 2.jpg

however, thread related, thing can be useful in so far as it can make scenes from our favorite movies sometimes with hilarious results

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was thinking "The Vanishing" with Kiefer and Sandra Bullock (and Jeff Bridges of course).

Yeah...I though that also. But that took place over a certain amount of time. Both the previous 2 flicks basically happened during the course of 1 day.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2 documentaries..last night and today:

large_key-art_2.jpg

-First up...Hostages. I just finished this 4 part doc on HBO a few minutes ago.

This is a compelling in depth retelling of the 1979 US hostage crisis with Iran. Initially, more than 60 US workers at the embassy in Iran were held hostage by "radical" student led Iranians looking for the return of the Shaw of Iran so that he can stand trial.

This doc captures interviews with both some hostages and some of the students, both then and now.

There were serious political overtones that always were at the forefront of this matter.

444 days later, the hostages were released!

A VERY good watch.

4/5.

MV5BZDE5OGU2ZDQtMGQ0Ni00YzBhLWEyODUtMWUzZTA3NjMxYzVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMTI1Mjk3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

-I caught this last night.

This doc tells the story of the US men's basketball team's quest for gold at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Prior to those Olympic Games, the world was catching up to the US in b-ball. A gold was not a foregone conclusion anymore.

Some solid interviews, back scene footage and interviews with the main characters who brought the team together on that quest.

Solid.

3.75/5.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was flipping through the my TV channels and caught a portion of the movie "X".

Brittany Snow from Pitch Perfect decides to shed her good girl image and play an adult actress in the movie. I'll need to eventually catch the movie.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ambulance, a movie about a heist and car chase through Los Angeles starring Jake Gyllenhall. I had high hopes for this flick, but should have known better to expect that from Michael Bay. It was shallow even by Bay standards, with no reason to care about any of the characters. The only redeeming feature was Eiza Gonzalez. Would not recommend unless you have two hours to burn, Amazon Prime Video (it’s free), and a liking for Bay films.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally saw No Time to Die. Not bad. I just hope they aren’t planning a movie with the new 007 from this one, who had no apparent charisma at all.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking "The Vanishing" with Kiefer and Sandra Bullock (and Jeff Bridges of course).
I never saw the American version, but the original Dutch movie was disturbing as hell.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never saw the American version, but the original Dutch movie was disturbing as hell.
As Hollywood is apt to do with remakes of foreign films (see The Departed), the American version tacks on a happy ending.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Hollywood is apt to do with remakes of foreign films (see The Departed), the American version tacks on a happy ending.
The intriguing thing about the difference is that the same guy directed both. I'm curious if he thought Americans wouldn't accept the creepy original story and changed it voluntarily, or if the studio strongarmed him into it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics