• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nothing will compare to Neve Campbell and Denise Richards in Wild Things
It's good, but I've never been a Neve Campbell fan.
I really like the carwash scene with Denise and her other school buddy in the daisy dukes...

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three (the original 1974 version), a crime thriller about a subway train that is hijacked and held for ransom. It was entertaining and captured the zeitgeist of NYC in the 1970s quite nicely. I've been watching movies that are coming out in 4K UHD to see if they are worth a buy, and this falls into the category of "maybe."

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three (the original 1974 version), a crime thriller about a subway train that is hijacked and held for ransom. It was entertaining and captured the zeitgeist of NYC in the 1970s quite nicely. I've been watching movies that are coming out in 4K UHD to see if they are worth a buy, and this falls into the category of "maybe."

An absolute classic! Probably in my top 20.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
robert shaw was shockingly good haha !

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...and sharp!

taking_of_pelham_123_2.jpg

Usonian

Reaction score
finally got around to watching Licorice Pizza, really big fan of PTA, was totally enthralled for the first half and then it proceeded to sorta... fall... off... the vibes that dude is able to cultivate in his films are nearly unmatchable, but I just couldn't follow through on the rest of the story on this one. Worth a watch, but not my favorite of his.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do Revenge

it was ok I guess. Weird late 90s nostalgia teen movie soundtrack/vibe but set in modern day (but I wasn’t actually sure of that until I saw someone with an iPhone)

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
finally got around to watching Licorice Pizza, really big fan of PTA, was totally enthralled for the first half and then it proceeded to sorta... fall... off... the vibes that dude is able to cultivate in his films are nearly unmatchable, but I just couldn't follow through on the rest of the story on this one. Worth a watch, but not my favorite of his.

me too ... first half great then zzzzzzzz .

i hardly watch movies in one sitting anymore , cancer killed my back it's hard for me to sit for hours but i love cinema so i break things up boohooo .... anyways agreed about licorice pizza ... i still have to watch phantom thread and finish the master ....

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just finished watching Blonde in about 7 minutes. I fast fwd to the newd parts(mostly topless) and called it a day. Not gonna watch an almost 3 hour MM movie.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching Blonde in about 7 minutes. I fast fwd to the newd parts(mostly topless) and called it a day. Not gonna watch an almost 3 hour MM movie.
Tried to watch Blonde. Such a steaming pile of ****. I ended up just fast forwarding through most of it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
movieposter_en.jpg

Somewhat gloomy/rainy day here in NYC.

Just finished this while also watching Michigan v Iowa.

So GB and his wife are having issues. He is driving her to her parent's casa for some time apart when they stop to get some gas. She runs in to get water and never returns!

Over the next few hours, he contacts the police, checks if she somehow made it to her parent's house, and the sets out to find her and save her from what/whoever has her.

Your standard 1 man vs many flick. Nothing remarkable but I did watch it all the way through.

2.5/5.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
movieposter_en.jpg

Somewhat gloomy/rainy day here in NYC.

Just finished this while also watching Michigan v Iowa.

So GB and his wife are having issues. He is driving her to her parent's casa for some time apart when they stop to get some gas. She runs in to get water and never returns!

Over the next few hours, he contacts the police, checks if she somehow made it to her parent's house, and the sets out to find her and save her from what/whoever has her.

Your standard 1 man vs many flick. Nothing remarkable but I did watch it all the way through.

2.5/5.
Sounds like a ripoff of "Breakdown" with Kurt Russell...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads