• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a hard time understanding why missiles, explosives, drones, guns and handheld/airplane-mounted lasers that cut through everything were available and used, but the palace guards used swords. Also, if the personal armor thing caused a worm feeding frenzy, why not used mannequins and those as decoys to save people?

I remember absolutely nothing from the book except the fact that I read it as a child...but I feel like I was able to figure it out from context clues. Googling after confirmed.

Basically their shield technology stops fast moving objects. So you need something like a dart gun that fires darts that will get to the shield and then slowly insert themselves. Sword fighting ends up working a little different since you can't just hack and slash---instead you get the sword up to the shield and then have to hold it there and slowly push it through until you can cut.

The missiles and **** work because
the traitors turned the main shields off

Googling suggests that they do have normal guns in the dune world, but they aren't going to work in any sort of combat situation, so troops don't use them.

And they have laser beam guns, but those blow up when they hit a shield (so the shooter gets blown up too).

As for why not using shields to draw the worms away? I dunno...but why waste a perfectly good shield when it seems like you can just use a device that pounds the ground.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
246701095_10158507639505745_8085157588579265885_n.jpg

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Volver yesterday

Volver%2Boct%2B2021%2B2.jpg

a 2007 Almodovar film
Very good, Penelope Cruz in a proper acting role and not what she gets to play in Hollywood.
The subject matter is controversial, as in murder, ****, incest, but Almodovar's magical realism does wonders, makes for an uplifting movie almost or even comedy. Very colorful too.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get Shorty .

saw this in the theaters many moons ago . holds up terrifically ,

from a story by elmore leonard ...

... NY-via-Miami gangsters arrive in LA to settle the books , but the movie racket proves distracting .

great fun . recommend .

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't mean to be a spoilsport, but tbh, I'm not feeling the new Baron Harkonnen

248891751_10159574109134525_4153570081624178911_n.jpg

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ronin. 8.5/10. Excellent action movie with good dialogue, locations, and characters. The plot was so simplistic it was almost bizarre. We don't really know anyone's motivations.

Prometheus. 8/10. I wish I watched this in theaters. Left a lot of things ambiguous, which are hopefully explained further in Covenant which I'm watching next. The best one since Aliens.

Lonely Hearts. 7/10. Pretty compelling story with the main villains but I thought the sides plots with the cops were kind of pointless.

Resident Evil: Degeneration. 6/10. I'm a big fan of this franchise. If you aren't, this isn't really worth a watch. A decent CGI action movie with a predictable plot.

The Russia House. 5/10. I normally like Connery but this movie was just flat out boring. Did not care about the romance.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
8.5 for Ronin is a little high for me.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8/10 for Prometheus is way too high for me. I gave it like 4/10.

I did see this in theaters with high hopes. The storyline was decent but the characters were so ******* stupid that I just couldn't enjoy the movie. Covenant was good though with Fassbender's creepy scary mannerisms throughout the movie.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Prometheus: we answer the big questions: where did people come from?

Also Prometheus: people were created from other people. Who look just like people! But taller!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was excited for Prometheus but was a big letdown for me.
That one geologist who was all like "I like ROCKS!!!!" in his Aussie accent but was scared of everything else suddenly deciding to get high and play with the alien snake was a serious wtf.

Charlize Theron's "I didn't travel half a billion miles..." was also stupid since that doesn't even get you out of the Solar System.

Just so many stupid character moments that stood out like a sore thumb. Fassbender and Pierce I though were great though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads