• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oof. I had no idea on the quiz until the clues became easier and easier — then I still wasn’t sure about the middle until I clicked on journeyman’s answer. I assume he’s got it!

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oof. I had no idea on the quiz until the clues became easier and easier — then I still wasn’t sure about the middle until I clicked on journeyman’s answer. I assume he’s got it!
I suspected that if you got a handle on 2 or 3, the Alexandre Dumas connection would give the other away, and similarly for 1 and 2 with the Bryan Adams power ballads, but of course the individual hints were probably needed to get there.

And yes, @Journeyman was perfectly right - thanks for playing, guys :cheers:

wojt

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a WW2 movie comparison......

There's no comparison, TORA! TORA! TORA! is the definite history buff movie. Don't forget full scale model of Japanese flagship which was not even in the battle(made for handful of shots). The movie is pure genius, they had some guts to pull it off tbh.

1617977058087.png

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Didn’t Star Wars use that as a template for the space battle scenes?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rewatched Moonrise Kingdom and Death Proof. both as good as i remember. moonrise was maybe better the second time around.

interesting to see how streaming is devaluing media.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just watched Monkey Ninja vs. Atomic Lizard.

Adsky Luck

Reaction score
Here is a movie. with Irene Cara too. Canuxploitation

Me, I have it on vhs

Well, I guess I kind of forgot to return them at the time

Last edited:

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
186853D1-4974-4AD0-A91D-D2E002BD501B.jpeg

Criminally under-discussed and underrated Scorsese movie. Watched on Amazon Prime. One of Cage’s quieter and subdued performances as it follows him playing a depressed paramedic over a long weekend in NYC. Ving Rhames turns in an absolutely electric performance here as one of Cage’s exuberant and evangelical colleagues.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Four Bloomington, Indiana best friends(Dave, Mike, Cyril and Moocher) graduate from high school and really have no plans. They don't intend to leave the small town and just really want to live life and chill.

On the other side are the well off graduates who plan for college and ridicule the four friends....who never back down.

Dave is a champion cyclist and dreams of all things Italian...and competing with/against the Italian national team. His 3 friends rally him to race with them in the Indiana University Little 500 bike race to show those stuck up locals. Reluctantly, he does.

He builds their bike from scratch and they enter as underdogs against the "stacked" college bound teams. What happens during the race is major part of the movie....but the tale that gets us there is as good as it gets(< great name for a movie!)

Love, family drama, small town rivalries, coming of age...this flick has all of that and then some.

If you haven't seen this gem, do take a look! I never get tired of it.

4.75/5.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Four Bloomington, Indiana best friends(Dave, Mike, Cyril and Moocher) graduate from high school and really have no plans. They don't intend to leave the small town and just really want to live life and chill.

On the other side are the well off graduates who plan for college and ridicule the four friends....who never back down.

Dave is a champion cyclist and dreams of all things Italian...and competing with/against the Italian national team. His 3 friends rally him to race with them in the Indiana University Little 500 bike race to show those stuck up locals. Reluctantly, he does.

He builds their bike from scratch and they enter as underdogs against the "stacked" college bound teams. What happens during the race is major part of the movie....but the tale that gets us there is as good as it gets(< great name for a movie!)

Love, family drama, small town rivalries, coming of age...this flick has all of that and the some.

If you haven't seen this gem, do take a look! I never get tired of it.

4.75/5.
"The Italians are coming!!!!"

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.