1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

[​IMG]
    I'm glad someone else but me watches this. Young Diane Lane = win. Do yourself a favor and skip the "sequel". It's bullshit. [​IMG]

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

finally watched inception. meh.

Was it a dream?

3. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I kinda liked Inception, but felt it was nothing spectacular. It had good acting, the writing was passable, and the plot was different, but fun. Nothing wrong with it.... it just certainly never lived up to the hype. I view it in a similar way as I view Avatar (though I liked Inception more).

4. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Last couple of weeks:

- Resident Evil 4 (whatever it's called) - awful (and I liked 1 and 3).
    - Lake Tahoe - wonderful, slow, engrossing and touching.
    - Undertow - beautiful scenery but not as good as the reviews suggest (or maybe you just need tolerance for ghost stories).

Just received my DVD of Hernandez' Raging Sun, Raging Sky but am waiting for the right mood for more than 3 hours of zero dialogue, no coherent narrative, visually arresting, sex-laden, mythical/spiritual art house... Having said that, if it has anything as mind-bendingly beautiful as the staircase scene in its predecessor Broken Sky, it will be more than worth it.

5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Do The Right Thing
    Almost Famous
    Three Kings

Eff'ing love these movies. David O. Russel has made two of my favorite movies over the past 15 years, Three Kings and I Heart Huckabees.

What didn't you like about it?

Eh, nothing in particular really drove me to hate. The whole thing just seemed so non-sensical once you put it into a high school style genre. I kept waiting for JGL to morph into some sort of latter day Humphrey Bogart.

Sorry you didn't like it. What I really like is that it is totally original. Beyond that, it is executed very well. Watching an architect construct a dreamscape was really neat, especially on the big screen. If you haven't seen this, you should:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. cmd06

cmd06 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Three Days Of The Condor (1975)

Gritty 70s political thriller. They don't make em' like this anymore. I really loved Max Von Sydow's character, and the ending of the movie was strangely prescient.

7. spencers

spencers Senior member

Love and other Drugs.

very good. anne hathaway.......... yum

8. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

Sorry you didn't like it. What I really like is that it is totally original.

what about The Cell?

9. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So what is the difference between "Based on a true story" (which I never see anymore, or at least not often) and "Inspired by true events" which seems to be the case most often.

10. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

If a man doesn't like New Jack City there is something worng with him.

-Inception was garbage

-Watch Restrepo on netflix

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

11. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

12. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Boys Don't Cry\t-\tGood
    Defiance\t-\tShit
    Johnny Mnemonic\t-\tShit
    Pollock\t-\tShit
    The Grapes of Wrath\t-\tGood
    Just Cause\t-\tMeh
    Murder in the First\t-\tMeh
    Precious: Based on the Novel by Sapphire\t-\tDidn't finish 5 minutes
    The Thin Red Line\t-\tDidn't Finish
    The Outsiders\t-\tGood
    The Pianist\t-\tMeh
    Chaos Theory\t-\tBad
    National Geographic: Camp Leatherneck\t-\tDidn't Finish
    Solitary Confinement\t-\tMeh
    The Buddha\t-\tDidn't Finish
    The Lottery\t-\tDidn't Finish
    Moment of Death\t-\tMoving
    National Geographic: Inside North Korea\t-\tGood
    World's Most Dangerous Drug\t-\tmeh
    Hidden Fortress\t-\tDidn't Finish
    Objectified\t-\tGood
    Billy Elliot\t-\tShit
    The Basketball Diaries\t-\tShit
    The White Ribbon\t-\tShit

My netflix watch instant activity since November. I watch most of these while I'm working, I keep them on in the background and don't pay a ton of attention to them. This is why some of them were not even finished.

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

The Thin Red Line\t-\tDidn't Finish

Criminal

14. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Criminal

Not enough noise. Again 19/20 of those were watched while I was working. I treat them more like books on tape than movies.

15. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

I treat them more like books on tape than movies.

This makes me really sad.[​IMG]

16. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Not enough noise. Again 19/20 of those were watched while I was working. I treat them more like books on tape than movies.

Oh, so they don't really belong in this thread. [​IMG]
    Listening to movies is not really watching them.

17. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Boys Don't Cry\t-\tGood
    The Outsiders\t-\tGood

In my area, every year kids have to read the novel in grade 4 or 5. I still remember crying at the end haha.

18. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Also, just re-watched "Life". Awesome doc series. I had originally bought it for my father 2 or so years ago, but accidentally bought the American version. Couldn't stand more than 3 minutes of it. Oprah managed to turn a beautiful and educational series into a mind-numbing annoyance-fest.

19. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

finally saw the pianist. ruined my night, week, possibly life. fantastic film, great performances, but oof.

20. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Also, just re-watched "Life". Awesome doc series. I had originally bought it for my father 2 or so years ago, but accidentally bought the American version. Couldn't stand more than 3 minutes of it. Oprah managed to turn a beautiful and educational series into a mind-numbing annoyance-fest.

+1

Horrible narration.