• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1596238730654.png

This might be blasphemy, but I liked this more than the original (with the caveat that I watched the workprint version of the original, so that might taint my view). It was more coherent and lighter on the sophomore dorm level philosophy (while still having something to say). I wish I saw it in theaters because it's an absolutely beautiful film.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1434060

This might be blasphemy, but I liked this more than the original (with the caveat that I watched the workprint version of the original, so that might taint my view). It was more coherent and lighter on the sophomore dorm level philosophy (while still having something to say). I wish I saw it in theaters because it's an absolutely beautiful film.
You managed to stay awake while watching? How much meth or coke did you need to do to stay awake?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just watched We Are What We Are again. What a fantastic film. That final dinner scene, gets me every time.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just watched The Hated in Netflix. I believe it's new today, but maybe it's been out for a few. It's polish, and really good. The actor playing the main character gives an incredible performance as a psychopath. I encourage everyone to check it out.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The appeal of the first movie was the vivid world building. It's probably the best example of cyber punk. The sequel had much better characters all around and the world they lived in was just as enjoyable. If you would have asked me what I thought of a Blade Runner sequel before it was made I would not have liked the idea, but they've pulled it off very well. I also regret not seeing it in theatres. Imagine if you could see it in IMAX.

luca_defumo

Reaction score
The appeal of the first movie was the vivid world building. It's probably the best example of cyber punk. The sequel had much better characters all around and the world they lived in was just as enjoyable. If you would have asked me what I thought of a Blade Runner sequel before it was made I would not have liked the idea, but they've pulled it off very well. I also regret not seeing it in theatres. Imagine if you could see it in IMAX.
View attachment 1434060

It’s wonderful cinema! I saw it in theatres two times, and I would run again. Villeneuve and Roger Deakins made a Visual Masterpiece. You could literally print any of the frames and hang it on the wall. Cult from the day one. And the sound was great too.
72A3737F-1E1A-4635-9B3D-33660CC50850.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Br 2049 was so pretty that to this day i am happy i saw it in the cinema.

This made me laugh

15963790983474829248552847666659.jpg

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved seeing BR2049 in the theaters. I distinctly remember the final fight scene by the ocean wall, and being totally captivated by the lighting of the scene. That was some real “magic of movies” shit.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.