• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I misspelled almost in my initial post.
We know you would. Don’t even lie.
8EDD59A1-1A5E-407A-B1D9-064BA264CE89.jpeg

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1594501708399.png

If you don't mind checking your need for logic and coherence at the door, you're in for quite the (psilocybin induced) trip, with some arresting visuals - in black and white.

Below some more great poster designs and a photo to give a taste of the madness in store:

1594502098986.png

1594502115687.png

1594502144571.png

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GUEST_7c594cd8-8883-44e8-98c0-4baa0fd62d5d

Really not much to this.

A DC high school student is murdered while working at his job at a coffee spot. The 2 lead actors and fellow students, AE & CGM, embark on a quest to find out who the killer is. Well.....AE more than CGM.

It's a really simple plot/movie. Nothing groundbreaking or even the least bit exciting.

Really not much to say.

I have never seen CGM in anything prior to this. I will say that she is cute.

1.5/5!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FIL_1x1-1-300x300.jpg

The absolutely gorgeous Christina Milian plays an overworked/under appreciated SF home designer. When relationship and work stress gets to her, she enters an online contest to win an inn in New Zealand.

Guess what....when all else fails, she is the winner. She ditches SF for NZ and arrives to find a run down inn....but a welcoming little town.....for the most part.

She teams up with a local contractor to renovate the property and then is torn....stay or leave.

This is a Lifetime type of flick. I didn't hate it.

2.5/5.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BZTJhMzk5NTUtMWVlYi00MWFhLTg2MTMtZDZmODI2NjUzN2VmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Take academy award winner Denzel Washington, academy award winner Jodie Foster and academy award winner Spike Lee....throw in the brilliant Clive Owen, Willem Dafoe and some guy named Christopher Plummer...and what do you get? Inside Man.

Now, try to remix that flick! What do you get? Inside Man Most Wanted aka Inside Man JV.

Same basic premise.....band of robbers tries to knock off the Fed Reserve in NYC. The NYPD hostage contact teams up with the FBI to resolve the standoff. They ain't no Clive vs Denzel/Jodie.

Really...ABSOLUTELY no need to remix the original! Absolutely no need to try.

I mean, I did watch it until the end. But no need to revisit.

1.5/5.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have never seen CGM in anything prior to this. I will say that she is cute.

What? You’re missing out, man...

I would definitely watch these, in this order

Let Me In
Kick-Ass
500 Days of Summer
Neighbors II
I Love You, Daddy

She’s a really good actress.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Let Me In
Kick-Ass
500 Days of Summer
Neighbors II
I Love You, Daddy

I saw 500. That was years ago. She must have been really young back then. Don't even remember her.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Neighbors 2 any good? I remember the first one as being mildly amusing, partially because Seth Rogen wasn't too Seth Rogenish.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MV5BZTJhMzk5NTUtMWVlYi00MWFhLTg2MTMtZDZmODI2NjUzN2VmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Take academy award winner Denzel Washington, academy award winner Jodie Foster and academy award winner Spike Lee....throw in the brilliant Clive Owen, Willem Dafoe and some guy named Christopher Plummer...and what do you get? Inside Man.

Now, try to remix that flick! What do you get? Inside Man Most Wanted aka Inside Man JV.

Same basic premise.....band of robbers tries to knock off the Fed Reserve in NYC. The NYPD hostage contact teams up with the FBI to resolve the standoff. They ain't no Clive vs Denzel/Jodie.

Really...ABSOLUTELY no need to remix the original! Absolutely no need to try.

I mean, I did watch it until the end. But no need to revisit.

1.5/5.

ter1413 wrote:
"I mean, I did watch it until the end."

:eek2:

I had to google the exact duration of that "film":
1h 45min according to IMDb.

Which means, you lasted 1h 39min longer than I did. Impressive! How did you do that? What combo of tedium, drugs, and alcohol, exactly?

"Inside Man" is so excellent.

The copy-cat "spin-offs" "Inside Man: Most Wanted" and that stupid Spanish tv series "Casa de Papel" ("Money Heist") are both complete trash.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Neighbors 2 any good? I remember the first one as being mildly amusing, partially because Seth Rogen wasn't too Seth Rogenish.

Yeah, I liked it. Not as iconic as 40 Year Old Virgin or anything, but the kind of comedy I’ve come to appreciate lately. One of those friends hanging out making movies things, a lot of ad libbing on set; keeping what works. Good for streaming, and preferable to the Netflix rom com, which is getting harder to appreciate....

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Christmas- the Mother of Dragons is always cute. Story was a little blah and the big twist at the end didn't make much sense. I probably would've enjoyed the movie more if HBO played it during November/December instead of the middle of ******* July.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ter1413 wrote:
"I mean, I did watch it until the end."

:eek2:

Which means, you lasted 1h 39min longer than I did. Impressive! How did you do that? What combo of tedium, drugs, and alcohol, exactly?

I think I watched just to see what type of twist they would put on it at the end.

Wanna hear something funny? I saw that on Fri or Sat night. I can't even remember how it ended!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I watched just to see what type of twist they would put on it at the end.

Wanna hear something funny? I saw that on Fri or Sat night. I can't even remember how it ended!
:lol:

No problemo, ter1413.
You saw it on Fri or Sat night in 2020, right?
It is now Monday afternoon, in 2413.
You can't be expected to have perfect recall all the time, man.
Don't be so hard on yourownself!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Let Me In
Kick-Ass
500 Days of Summer
Neighbors II
I Love You, Daddy

Ok....you slippin'!

47c9de6536ac733af0103ab82bdb2806.jpg

I just watched this flick based on the recent film that I saw and the recs. It's based on a true story.

CGM plays a young NY Post writer who is living life, dealing with boyfriend issues and meeting deadlines. Her parents are divorced....but all is AOK as she looks to impress the Post's management and get her big break.

Then her world collapses! She starts to experience some crazy medical issues and then has 2-3 seizures. She is rushed to the hospital and when she is discharged, her life/body spins out of control!

Schizophrenia? Bi polar? Who knows! The doctors don't seem to know as all of her tests come back negative. Her parents panic as they are advised to place her in a mental hospital.

Luckily one doctor doesn't give up and reaches out to a past colleague for advice.

I must say....before this wknd, I had never seen/remembered anything that CGM was in. She CARRIED this flick....100%. Amazing performance!

It's moving! It's inspiring! It's a very good flick.

4/5!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads