• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1E137AC1-02D4-402A-9E8C-7314003A5774.jpeg

I feel like some kind of cinematic archeologist. 15 year old me thought this was pretty cool. Only saw it once in a long vanished cinema in Pitt St Sydney in 1973. Never on VHS or DVD.

Trivia James Brolin father of Thanos played a cowboy gunned by the android Yul Brenner. It was also the first feature film to use digital image processing to pixellate photography to simulate an android point of view.

Sunday night at the movies is alive and well.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paddington 2.

This is good stuff

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^That is a fun movie. Hugh Grant was clearly having a fantastic time.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So we watched Underwater last night and it was really enjoyable. I can see why the reviews were polarized, and some story decisions were questionable, but I was a very entertaining 1.5 hours.

We watched Sonic right before with the kids, and I really enjoyed that as well. Very enjoyable, and it stopped the Outlander ball stomping.

Last week we watch Emma and Lady Macbeth. Both were well done, one fun and one dark. Lady Macbeth made me think of the mom in East of Eden.

I recommend all 4, but not Outlander.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
66672FED-F264-497A-BBB3-22CE04F08043.jpeg

To be honest this scared the b’jesus out of me when I saw it. Excellent cast and direction great use of Tubular Bells in the soundtrack.

This exchange between two drunken priests stood out;
Are you going to steal my shoes now?
No I tell fortunes by reading the creases in them.

1973 was a good year for movies but it didn’t make it to Oz till sometime in 1974. The walk home across a darkened park after the movie was as long as I remember it.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i though outlander was supposed to be a real bodice-ripper
It's the most overwrought show I've seen in recent memory. Deus exs all over the damn place, like almost every episode. Every love is the most pure. 99% of Scots are good and righteous, 99% English, Irish and all others are comically evil. Villains are almost impossible to kill. Etc.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the most overwrought show I've seen in recent memory. Deus exs all over the damn place, like almost every episode. Every love is the most pure. 99% of Scots are good and righteous, 99% English, Irish and all others are comically evil. Villains are almost impossible to kill. Etc.
Wow.

It appears that you're pretty upset that Gosling didn't get the role.

And, perhaps he should have. Caviezel, while OK at it, doesn't really do "doleful eyes" nearly as well as the Gos does.

So, we get it, your ire is somewhat understandable.

But, what can you/we/one do about that now?

I guess just wash your hands a lot; throw on a half-assed DIY bandanna + rubber bands mask; walk around with a 6+' pole; have some of that POTUS-recommended "Whaddya haf to lose?" hydroxychloroquine snake oil; re-gift your wife a signed "Dr. Deborah Birx Limited Edition Collection" scarf; don't hoard the TP too much; maybe watch "Drive" and/or "Pines" and/or "La La Land" and/or "First Man" and/or "Avatar" again? :puzzled:

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This exchange between two drunken priests stood out;
Are you going to steal my shoes now?
No I tell fortunes by reading the creases in them.
That priest should have run. I remember a collegiate YouTube blogger saying it was insane the number messages they got from foot fetishists. They’d contact them under these weird pretenses, like: I read palms — but the palms of your feet are more accurate. Send me pictures, and I’ll read your fortune!

Also, it’s confirmed that Tarantino loves feet. Go back and watch his movies. Many uncomfortable shots of barefoot women people are now saying were unknowingly made complicit in his fantasies.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
QT drinks champagne (or maybe beer can't remember) that's been poured down salma hayek's body and from her foot in from dusk til dawn

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.