• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I followed up yesterday's Kantemir Balagov film with this today.

View attachment 1338056
Another great film dealing with trauma and sacrifice. I hadn't heard about this director until a couple of days ago, but damn she is very good.
Lmao broads can't entertain men

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Was a little concerned about the 2.5 hour run time but it didn't feel long at all. Recommend.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Was a little concerned about the 2.5 hour run time but it didn't feel long at all. Recommend.
Is this like The Wicker Man? Seems like it has that Wicker Man vibe.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Guys i hope you are referring to the original Wicker Man with Christopher Lee ? (Not the terrible remake with Nic Cage)

Edit: I had a look at Midsommar review and trailer, looks indeed like a poor, boring, and pretentious sort of remake of The Wicker Man.
Original 1973 version is great - if you like that kind of movies.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys i hope you are referring to the original Wicker Man with Christopher Lee ? (Not the terrible remake with Nic Cage)
I didn't even remember Christopher Lee being in that movie!

I remembered it mainly for Britt Ekland (and her naked body), plus Edward Woodward (who I liked from Breaker Morant and The Equaliser (the TV series, not the movie with Denzel).

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I didn't even remember Christopher Lee being in that movie!

I remembered it mainly for Britt Ekland (and her naked body), plus Edward Woodward (who I liked from Breaker Morant and The Equaliser (the TV series, not the movie with Denzel).
It doesnt help he is not in the trailer. Or maybe 2 sec.
He is the wicked Lord of the Island and he has great scenes. At his best.
He said it was the favourite movie he made (well i red it somewhere- or was it "The whip and the body", another great one).
Yep Britt. So sexy.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edit: I had a look at Midsommar review and trailer, looks indeed like a poor, boring, and pretentious sort of remake of The Wicker Man.
Original 1973 version is great - if you like that kind of movies.
Did not hear about this movie, I will take a look!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, I was remembering it as Christopher Plummer in that role. Am slightly disappointed I can’t rewatch it that way. :violin:

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was also trying to recall Christopher Lee and thought about this scene from the 1988 Jack the Ripper miniseries, but it was the wrong guy! Actually Armand Assante but the impact holds up as well as I remember:

8-year-old me was pretty shellshocked watching this on TV

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha. That’s awesome. Is it available to watch somewhere?

Speaking of weird memory issues, I wonder if there’s like a pop psychology book that deals with that. I was really taken aback when I rewatched an old favorite, recently, the Australian movie Flirting. I had this vivid memory of a scene with Nicole Kidman, but it turns out it never happened. It was just a story she told within the movie, but was never filmed.

Based on this, someone should probably look into the veracity of witness testimony. :eh:

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.