• We would like welcome Sprezzaboxto the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
KoC was great but i saw it when it was released so it's a bit blurred. Same with Taxi Driver. Except this last one, i watched it numerous times...
I like Bickle. He is a Vet. he is a bit mad, but a good guy.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen KOC but Taxi Driver was incredible. Although, Bickle wasn't a sympathic character as I hear Joker was. At least, you weren't meant to sympathize with him at least.
Hulk had some really interesting points on how Phillips framed the character, and I agree with some. He felt similar to you that Taxi Driver character was completely different.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The solution : watch it the morning and drink a lot of coffee. That's what i did !

I don’t drink coffee and I drink vodka in the morning.
:eh:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A great story about the filming of Taxi Driver told by my favorite actress.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
The digital de-ageing technology works much better apparently !

Ok i once had dinner just by Jodie Foster, but you are going to say again that world revolves around me or something like that...

She speaks french very well (well not as well as VV though). No accent at all. She was living not far from where i live at the time.

King Calder

Reaction score
Scorsese had a pretty good decade imo. I didn't like Hugo but my sister did when we saw it in the theaters. Wolf of Wall Street is excellent and one of the funniest movies of decade that broke Margot Robbie, Silence has decidedly mixed reviews but I found it to be really powerful (also read the book in my formative years). Irishman is long, sure, but I thought Pesci was excellent in it, and the last hour makes it pretty distinct from his prior gangster films.

Can't wait to watch Little Women. Gems was excellent. Also watched Brittany Runs a Marathon on Amazon Prime and thoguht it was a cute comedy.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Scorsese had a pretty good decade imo. I didn't like Hugo but my sister did when we saw it in the theaters. Wolf of Wall Street is excellent and one of the funniest movies of decade that broke Margot Robbie, Silence has decidedly mixed reviews but I found it to be really powerful (also read the book in my formative years). Irishman is long, sure, but I thought Pesci was excellent in it, and the last hour makes it pretty distinct from his prior gangster films.

Can't wait to watch Little Women. Gems was excellent. Also watched Brittany Runs a Marathon on Amazon Prime and thoguht it was a cute comedy.
Yes !!!!!
Agree !!!!
The last 30 minutes of The Irishman are superb.
Silence is an incredible movie. I have to watch the japanese version (Masahiro Shinoda, 1971). I didn't read the book.
I didn't see Hugo, the only Scorsese i didn't see with Kundun.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn’t care for Wolf of Wall St. Never saw the appeal. I watched it once and never had the urge to watch it again.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 77 17.1%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 149 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.4%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%