• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Sorry we dont give a F... about that we have real litterature here.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know I've seen the 1994 adaptation of Little Women at some point but as far as films go it's not really my cup of tea. Have little interest in seeing the remake but I don't see how a lack of interest could be construed as sexist?
It’s not that he doesn’t want to see it, it’s the dismissiveness.

“I don’t know who that is and I don’t want to see it, so how can it possible deserve award nominations over these directors I know and these movies I want to see?”

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
We like USA for funny stuff not serious one. I mean, look at your President

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So you’re a sexist and a xenophobe. Good for you.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I know I've seen the 1994 adaptation of Little Women at some point but as far as films go it's not really my cup of tea. Have little interest in seeing the remake but I don't see how a lack of interest could be construed as sexist?
Exactly.
I was also surprised.
I am not interested in that movie so i am sexist ?
Strange ?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

French literature is great. French taste in comedy...not so sure.

546858_height370_width560.jpeg

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exactly.
I was also surprised.
I am not interested in that movie so i am sexist ?
Strange ?

Read what I wrote in reply to him.

It’s not that he doesn’t want to see it, it’s the dismissiveness.

“I don’t know who that is and I don’t want to see it, so how can it possible deserve award nominations over these directors I know and these movies I want to see?”
Or maybe you can explain exactly why you don’t want to see it, and why the fact you don’t want to see it means it’s not a good movie and doesn’t deserve award nominations.
So i am a xenophobe because i dont like your actual Prez ?
I think we are numerous all around the world then.
No, you’re a xenophobe because you just dismissed all American literature.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Personally, I don't really give a crap about the awards unless those Oscer golds are handed out by the delightful Ricky Gervais.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Read what I wrote in reply to him.

Or maybe you can explain exactly why you don’t want to see it, and why the fact you don’t want to see it means it’s not a good movie and doesn’t deserve award nominations.

No, you’re a xenophobe because you just dismissed all American literature.
I don't want to see it because it looks and sounds boring.
The fact you liked it ? Sounds even more boring.

You have a Literature ?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve seen neither. I’ve just read so much **** about people being unsatisfied with the Oscars, it’s crazy. Scarjo — bad. She said straight white women could play gay people, possibly others. Woman of color who got nominated — good, right? NO! She played a slave. That’s a *white man’s* idea of a meaty role. Etc. Superhero movies? BAD! But Joker? GOOD! But the actor who played Joker? PROBLEMATIC!

Not sure the two bolded are comparable. Should actors be capable of playing a wide range of roles and be given the opportunity to do so? Yes. But giving a straight white woman a role that could have easily gone to a gay white woman who arguably (I have nothing to support this) rarely receives similar opportunities is problematic in an industry that is only beginning to address the paucity of "meaty" roles for minorities. So Scarjo deserved to receive flak for her thoughtless comment.

Don't know what to say about the Stephen King comment or the apparent backlash. I generally feel people on Twitter (and most other social media) deserve what ever flak they eventually get.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't want to see it because it looks and sounds boring.
The fact you liked it ? Sounds even more boring.

You have a Literature ?
Another great analysis. You didn’t answer the second question, which is the root of this whole discussion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads