• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most obnoxious Oscar acceptance speech ever?
Cameron?
McConaughey?
Benigni?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 10 to yuma the new one

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally got the Alamo Season Pass beta so I will be seeing a lot more movies.

First one was Toy Story 4. I didn't think they could possibly make a decent sequel after 3, but they pulled it off.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awhile ago someone mentioned The Train with Burt Lancaster on this thread, it’s on TCM right now.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ikiru by Kurosawa, the first part was great, the 2nd sort of ruined the movie for me. Good but not great.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0F539A39-02C2-4A4F-AD30-5DE58EE0D18B.jpeg

50th Anniversary screening and one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. A total blast made up of some spectacular footage and clearest I have ever seen Armstrong descend the ladder into history. The moon landing was a globally uniting event if only for such a short time.(sigh)

Last edited:

aj2603

Reaction score
I saw Top Gun yesterday.

Saw the trailer for Top Gun Maverick in the morning. Had a sudden rush of nostalgia.

I realised i saw Top Gun almost 15-20 yrs back and in a Non-HD format. Most likely on cable tv.

It is available on Amazon Prime in Full HD for anyone else who want to check it out.

PS. The G-1 jacket still looks cool...

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I got my Alamo Season Pass I have started seeing borderline movies again.

Last night... Stuber... which was exactly what I expected... funny but nothing mind blowing. Normally I'd wait for HBO for a movie like that, but it was fun to see in the theaters drinking some nice beers.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First Man is premiering on HBO today to coincide with the moon landing. I’ll be wearing my Omega FOIS Speedmaster while watching.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started rewatching From the Earth to the Moon and just started First Man 15 minutes ago on HBO Go. This will be my 4 time watching First Man.

I love space so much even Avatar couldn't fuck it up.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started rewatching From the Earth to the Moon and just started First Man 15 minutes ago on HBO Go. This will be my 4 time watching First Man.

The opening sequence when Neil was bouncing off the atmosphere and had to crash land was amazing.

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve been watching the CBS broadcasts on YouTube at 1.25 speed. (They’re pretty boring at times.)

I should have gone to see that Apollo 11 doc again today but I waffled and it sold out.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We watched Captain Marvel last night. I really wanted to like it but we both felt the movie was a bit meh. I did appreciate the all female soundtrack though.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to see the Apollo 11 doc. From the Earth to the Moon is much more hokey than I remember. That was standard fair for the 90s, so it's understandable.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.