• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched The Mist, an adaptation of the Stephen King novella, but what I thought was a nice ten episode mini-series turned out to be a canceled series with zero answers or resolution. Damn. Thanks, Netflix.

Dude, forget the miniseries. Movie is effing awesome.

33AFABC0-FA6F-486B-A6E5-4F9AF05F7F9D.gif

One of the absolute best endings of all time. Up there with Ran and Bicycle Thieves.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I enjoyed the movie a lot. Frank Darabont is a pretty talented dude.

The series had more ambiguity as far as the threat was concerned; not just scary monsters, but individualized ghostly appearances that could point to any kind of Happening/Bird Box/government conspiracy kind of direction. Hopefully Netflix will make a season 2.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I've got the audiobook of The Mist, which is more like a radio drama than a reading. The movie version borrowed heavily from the audiobook, and Dennis Etchison gets a screen credit for writing the audiobook script. The actress who plays the Marcia Gay Harding character even sounds eerily similar.

The movie is the only version with the unhappy ending, though, which I thought was a big improvement on the original.

Last edited:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mutiny on Bounty 9/10

wow what a great movie, hats off to Charles Laughton what a performance

also I never suspected the story behind is mostly true, crazy.

One downside whitewashing of Tahitians bothered me, tahitian chief beeing some white dude distracted me. It's funny cause in nowadays movies it's other way around(and also annoying).

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mutiny on Bounty 9/10

wow what a great movie, hats off to Charles Laughton what a performance

He is also great in:

p1744_v_v8_aa.jpg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Went to see Late Night in the theater over the weekend, an extremely rare outing for us. My wife is a big fan of Mindy Kaling and was dying to see it. Kaling wrote and stars in it, with Emma Thompson and John Lithgow in a small role. It's a solid little film, with good performances and a tight script, and only a couple of facepalm-worthy moments.

Watched Rogue One last night. I really enjoyed it - whoever observed that the standalone SW films are better than the trilogies was dead on IMO. My wife even got into it, and she's very hard to please when it comes to science fiction and fantasy films. Although, she was kind of pissed at getting invested in the story when I told her that every character in the movie has to die, since we never hear of them again.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best Fourth of July movie?

Independence Day is the best movie named after Independence Day.

But seriously folks that movie is worth is for Jeff Goldblum and Judd Hirsch alone. The rest is meh.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But seriously folks that movie is worth is for Jeff Goldblum and Judd Hirsch alone. The rest is meh.

False. That goes to Independence Day starring a young nubile Kathleen Quinlan. Early ‘80s something or other.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The whole thing is meh, but as meh is wont to do, out-mehing any previous meh, that movie gets completely mehed to smithereens and beyond by this uber-meh ultra-nepotistic piece of complete mehrde. Very possibly the worst meh movie ever.

220px-After_Earth_Poster.jpg

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The whole thing is meh, but as meh is wont to do, out-mehing any previous meh, that movie gets completely mehed to smithereens and beyond by this uber-meh ultra-nepotostic piece of complete mehrde. Very possibly the worst meh movie ever.

220px-After_Earth_Poster.jpg
I've never seen that one. Probably not worth it if I can't see it in IMAX.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never seen that one. Probably not worth it if I can't see it in IMAX.
Would they pay you LOTS of money to watch it, IMAX or not?
If not, avoid at all costs.
"Costs" being that it really is one of those things you "can't unsee", ever.
I'm not a violent man at all, and I wanted to smash my TV just so I could punch Jaden Smith in the face.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics