• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched The Mist, an adaptation of the Stephen King novella, but what I thought was a nice ten episode mini-series turned out to be a canceled series with zero answers or resolution. Damn. Thanks, Netflix.

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

George C. Scott plays a man who thinks he is Sherlock Holmes. I forget how good an actor he is. It's a bit One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest and a bit 1930-40's screwball fantasy. Very fun, but with that sort of melancholic 1970s feel as well.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched The Mist, an adaptation of the Stephen King novella, but what I thought was a nice ten episode mini-series turned out to be a canceled series with zero answers or resolution. Damn. Thanks, Netflix.
Dude, forget the miniseries. Movie is effing awesome.

33AFABC0-FA6F-486B-A6E5-4F9AF05F7F9D.gif

One of the absolute best endings of all time. Up there with Ran and Bicycle Thieves.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I enjoyed the movie a lot. Frank Darabont is a pretty talented dude.

The series had more ambiguity as far as the threat was concerned; not just scary monsters, but individualized ghostly appearances that could point to any kind of Happening/Bird Box/government conspiracy kind of direction. Hopefully Netflix will make a season 2.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I've got the audiobook of The Mist, which is more like a radio drama than a reading. The movie version borrowed heavily from the audiobook, and Dennis Etchison gets a screen credit for writing the audiobook script. The actress who plays the Marcia Gay Harding character even sounds eerily similar.

The movie is the only version with the unhappy ending, though, which I thought was a big improvement on the original.

Last edited:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mutiny on Bounty 9/10

wow what a great movie, hats off to Charles Laughton what a performance

also I never suspected the story behind is mostly true, crazy.

One downside whitewashing of Tahitians bothered me, tahitian chief beeing some white dude distracted me. It's funny cause in nowadays movies it's other way around(and also annoying).

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mutiny on Bounty 9/10

wow what a great movie, hats off to Charles Laughton what a performance

He is also great in:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Went to see Late Night in the theater over the weekend, an extremely rare outing for us. My wife is a big fan of Mindy Kaling and was dying to see it. Kaling wrote and stars in it, with Emma Thompson and John Lithgow in a small role. It's a solid little film, with good performances and a tight script, and only a couple of facepalm-worthy moments.

Watched Rogue One last night. I really enjoyed it - whoever observed that the standalone SW films are better than the trilogies was dead on IMO. My wife even got into it, and she's very hard to please when it comes to science fiction and fantasy films. Although, she was kind of pissed at getting invested in the story when I told her that every character in the movie has to die, since we never hear of them again.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20190709_185732.jpg
20190709_185732.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
trina parks (the bond girl in this) is here for a q and a which i did not anticipate

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Independence Day is the best movie named after Independence Day.

But seriously folks that movie is worth is for Jeff Goldblum and Judd Hirsch alone. The rest is meh.
False. That goes to Independence Day starring a young nubile Kathleen Quinlan. Early ‘80s something or other.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.