• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how Mrs. VV can chain-binge the British Agatha Christie style "cozy murder" series like Miss Marple, Father Brown, Poirot, Foyle's War, etc. etc. I'll watch one every once in a while, but when you binge it, everything runs together.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand how Mrs. VV can chain-binge the British Agatha Christie style "cozy murder" series like Miss Marple, Father Brown, Poirot, Foyle's War, etc. etc. I'll watch one every once in a while, but when you binge it, everything runs together.
Holy repressed memories, Batman. I just now remembering spending a weekend at an Aunt’s house who had no cable but had several seasons of Murder she Wrote on vhs. How did I survive?

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy repressed memories, Batman. I just now remembering spending a weekend at an Aunt’s house who had no cable but had several seasons of Murder she Wrote on vhs. How did I survive?
Have you heard the Jessica Fletcher serial killer theory?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peaky Blinders is a show I can't stomach even starting because it looks like more pedantic organized crime shit. It sucks because it's probably enjoyable. I will watch anything Tom Hardy is in, except Peaky apparently.
Have you watched "Locke" yet?
Because I have tried, and tried, and tried, and....

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Que? This wonders the fellow who worries about and researches whether/just how much/why the picture frames in his (and his wife's) house should tilt?

One VV's picture-frame tilt is another VV's escapism/relaxation (maybe even from the first thing?).... :colgate:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did, and made it all the way through. The accent was the hardest thing to tolerate.
Serious question: did you like it?
(Or was it the mescaline?)
I do not know why but I just can't finish the thing, no matter what, and I like Tom Hardy.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Star Wars 2018 takes place entirely in the mind of an autistic child.

Also, watched Annihi lation. Basically a remake of the 70s CCCP film Stalker but with an all female cast. Surprisingly, I did not hate it. Actually rather enjoyed it. Helps when you're turning genders in a film remake to 1. have the female actresses actually be good actresses, 2. have at least one of two of the female actresses be boanable, 3. don't ruin the story by turning a perfectly good plot into some kind of stupid female empowerment nonsense because reasons, i.e. Have the womyn actually behave like women.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.