• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YouTube has shows? I watch shows on Hulu, HBO, Prime and Netflix and cable. I had no idea there was more.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
YouTube has shows? I watch shows on Hulu, HBO, Prime and Netflix and cable. I had no idea there was more.

Yup. Youtube Originals. Plus you can find movies and series that aren't readily available.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. Youtube Originals. Plus you can find movies and series that aren't readily available.
Crazy, I watch music videos/albums on Youtube almost every day, and was not even aware of that Premium option. Never paid attention I guess.

But, for a person on a real budget, who can have only one service, Netflix is still the best choice? I'm a bit worried that they are going to go all-in on their own stuff, which so far has been less than 50/50 to me.

I tried Amazon Prime for the one free month, and found I couldn't even get a month out of it; the selection just didn't appeal, or I had seen them all. I never even finished my Prime queue, as the last ones on the list just didn't interest me enough.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am having a problem getting into serial crime shows because of simple fatigue. It sucks because I'm probably missing out on some good TV.

I’ve just heard that Peaky Blinders is really good. I always thought it was some sort of Harry Potter universe affair.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget Youtube. Lots of good stuff of YT.

I would recommend this:

market.jpg
Wish I could.
Anything with Ciarán Hinds in it is well worth it imo.

I had never heard of "AS" so I looked it up. That series gets great reviews.
It also looks like Philip Noyce just finished (2019) a movie of the same title, but it doesn't seem to be the same story.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crazy, I watch music videos/albums on Youtube almost every day, and was not even aware of that Premium option. Never paid attention I guess.

But, for a person on a real budget, who can have only one service, Netflix is still the best choice? I'm a bit worried that they are going to go all-in on their own stuff, which so far has been less than 50/50 to me.

Oh...I don't pay for Youtube Premium. Not at all. You can find entire series on YT for free. That's where I watched Secret Diary of a coat hangers. I watch all the free stuff on YT. Not paid.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve just heard that Peaky Blinders is really good. I always thought it was some sort of Harry Potter universe affair.
Same here, heard that too; started watching last week; only into 2 episodes of season 1, so very early, but it does look promising so far. Good cast.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cobra Kai on YouTube is the ****.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I started watching PB when it first came out. I stopped. Not because it wasn't good. I think I was watching so many things at the time that I lost interest.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cobra Kai on YouTube is the ****.

I want to see this so bad, but it’s the one that got away. Netflix, then Amazon Prime, then Hulu because that one guy is in that show, then something else for the smart tv — and now no YouTube just for the one show.

Maybe it’ll be on dvd.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peaky Blinders is a show I can't stomach even starting because it looks like more pedantic organized crime ****. It sucks because it's probably enjoyable. I will watch anything Tom Hardy is in, except Peaky apparently.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand how Mrs. VV can chain-binge the British Agatha Christie style "cozy murder" series like Miss Marple, Father Brown, Poirot, Foyle's War, etc. etc. I'll watch one every once in a while, but when you binge it, everything runs together.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand how Mrs. VV can chain-binge the British Agatha Christie style "cozy murder" series like Miss Marple, Father Brown, Poirot, Foyle's War, etc. etc. I'll watch one every once in a while, but when you binge it, everything runs together.

Holy repressed memories, Batman. I just now remembering spending a weekend at an Aunt’s house who had no cable but had several seasons of Murder she Wrote on vhs. How did I survive?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy repressed memories, Batman. I just now remembering spending a weekend at an Aunt’s house who had no cable but had several seasons of Murder she Wrote on vhs. How did I survive?

Have you heard the Jessica Fletcher serial killer theory?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads