1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

"The Last Film" not really noteworthy, partly because of it's brevity. BUT...because of that it was more like a small painting in a museum in that I was able to really examine it closely and consider the actress as a subject and some of the movie's techniques.

"Open the Door" one of Lena Dunham's early shorts. Similar to the above. Definitely a sort-of meaningless film to a director's body of work but it was still funny and not without it's amateur-ish charms. And, again, at like five minutes in length (including credits) why not watch it

"King, Queen, Joker" again kind of similar to the two above. Part of it's appeal is the rarity. But still a generically funny Chaplin film, even if incomplete.

2. wojt

wojt Distinguished Member

train.jpg

My expectations were a decent war movie from 60s, instead I got a masterpiece of war cinema. Great film.

3. Kaplan

Kaplan Distinguished Member

John Frankenheimer, no less? I didn't know of this one, but now I want to track it down...

4. Van Veen

Van Veen Distinguished Member

5. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior Member

Watched The Highwaymen a few days ago. Was actually a very good movie, Woody and Costner are brilliant actors and the director captured the era quite nicely. I would highly recommend.

6. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]

Watched this again last night.

What would you do if a friend needed you to return to a foreign country, take responsibility for a crime and serve jail time? This is a very good flick that asks that question. A young V Vaughn, A Heche and J Phoenix star.

4/5

7. Neo1

Neo1 Distinguished Member

Most recently watched M. Night's "Glass." Absolutely atrocious garbage. I was sort of a fan of the first film, I thought it was halfway decent. While I definitely didn't like the second one very much, I thought McAvoy did a fantastic job playing all those personalities, and the whole thing with the girl and her uncle was downright creepy/disturbing. Definitely memorable to say the least. Third one was a mish-mush of crap. And then the trademark trick ending, which turned out to be a plagiarism of Assassin's Creed's Templars vs. Assassins or the Tomb Raider's Illuminati...I thought that was just a joke. Overall big thumbs down from me.

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Stylish Dinosaur

I watched The Dirt last night. Very fun but cheesy movie. The day in the life scene was awesome.

9. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

10. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

There's an in-no-way-official upload of Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks on YouTube that is of decent (enough) video quality. I will start the first block of 2+ hour installments today. Who knows if I'll watch it all.

11. harbenly

harbenly Well-Known Member

Watched The Highway men, Den of thieves, Blade runner and les miserable last week

12. Lizard23

Lizard23 Senior Member

Recently caught den of thieves as well. Was on the verge of being really good. Wound up mediocre IMO

13. Big Pun

Big Pun Distinguished Member

Saw Mud and Dallas Buyers Club. I changed my mind on McConaughey, he's good.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Distinguished Member

Dune by David Lynch. I haven't read the books as i'm not into sci-fi that much, but it seems like an adaptation would work better as a mini-series vs. a 2 hour movie. Some of the scenes were Eraserheadesque but overall pretty bad movie.