1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. dondavi

dondavi Active Member

Was it better than Vincent Chase's one? :p

2. saint

saint Distinguished Member

The Kickass, (Christian Bates) Batman, and Deadpool movies have been the only good super hero movies made recently. If you want to include graphic novels etc you could add John Wick and Guardians of the Galaxy. Just my opinion of course, but most DC and Marvel movies suck. Oh, forgot to add, the LEGO Batman movie was pretty good.

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

upload_2019-1-4_1-50-0.jpeg

#31 BREWSTER’S MILLIONS (1985)

After losing his job as a minor league pitcher, Monty Brewster learns he will inherit over three hundred million dollars — but only if he can spend thirty million in thirty days. There are some rules: he can’t donate the money, and he can’t purchase any goods. Directed by Walter Hill(!), this movie goes down pretty easy, but squanders an amazing supporting cast featuring John Candy, Rick Moranis and about a thousand 80s That Guys.

Early Me: 6 Current Me: 5

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

I love that movie. Vote “none of the above” was genius. Far from being wasted, Candy has some of the best lines in the film.

Watched Netflix’s Bird Box. Not bad.

Edit to add:

Monty Brewster: Gentlemen, do you think I'm a lowlife?

Tailor: Oh no, Mr. Brewster. Not with these clothes.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]

Heard about this but even as a Formula One fan I had no interest in watching it - no idea why. I finally watched it tonight and found it excellent. Makes you really appreciate the team and their history. Had many details I never knew nor would have expected about Frank Williams and the family. I think even non-formula one (or racing) fans would find it compelling.

6. wojt

wojt Distinguished Member

witness.jpg

The movie starts kind of slow and the main character although sharp is sort of an asshole but the movie grows and adds to the intrigue with every scene. Great verbal 'fights' and the plot that on surface is rather predictable concludes amazingly. One of the best if not the best crime movie I have seen.

license.jpg
    Second Dalton Bond and well the movie was an average Bond movie. Great Bond girls, v.good Timothy Dalton and Q cameo but overall a let down after Living Daylights. Shame Dalton made only two movies though.

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Stylish Dinosaur

I finally saw Birdbox. A lot of plot holes. Anyway 6/10.

8. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

Molly’s Game. Pretty enjoyable and based on a true story. Player X in real life is rumored to be Tobey McGuire. If so, he’s a real dick to people.