• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love that movie. Vote “none of the above” was genius. Far from being wasted, Candy has some of the best lines in the film.

Watched Netflix’s Bird Box. Not bad.

Edit to add:

Monty Brewster: Gentlemen, do you think I'm a lowlife?

Tailor: Oh no, Mr. Brewster. Not with these clothes.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cf44638fcdfbc6960c341c51b17d75b9.jpg

Heard about this but even as a Formula One fan I had no interest in watching it - no idea why. I finally watched it tonight and found it excellent. Makes you really appreciate the team and their history. Had many details I never knew nor would have expected about Frank Williams and the family. I think even non-formula one (or racing) fans would find it compelling.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
witness.jpg

The movie starts kind of slow and the main character although sharp is sort of an asshole but the movie grows and adds to the intrigue with every scene. Great verbal 'fights' and the plot that on surface is rather predictable concludes amazingly. One of the best if not the best crime movie I have seen.

license.jpg

Second Dalton Bond and well the movie was an average Bond movie. Great Bond girls, v.good Timothy Dalton and Q cameo but overall a let down after Living Daylights. Shame Dalton made only two movies though.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Molly’s Game. Pretty enjoyable and based on a true story. Player X in real life is rumored to be Tobey McGuire. If so, he’s a real dick to people.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1103763

The movie starts kind of slow and the main character although sharp is sort of an asshole but the movie grows and adds to the intrigue with every scene. Great verbal 'fights' and the plot that on surface is rather predictable concludes amazingly. One of the best if not the best crime movie I have seen.

An absolute gem from Billy Wilder!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
51pI4xVTXlL._SY445_.jpg

Rainy day yesterday. Watched this again.

NYC during the 70's and a brilliant performance from Matthau and Robert Shaw!
One of the best endings to a movie...ever!

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't make this up:

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2019/01/23/us/23reuters-arizona-crime.html

(Reuters) - A worker at a long-term care facility where a woman in a vegetative state recently gave birth to a baby has been arrested and charged with sexual assault, police in Phoenix, Arizona, said on Wednesday.

The woman, who is in her 20s and had been a long-term patient at the Hacienda Healthcare center after suffering an injury that left her in a vegetative state, went into labor on the afternoon of Dec. 29, police said.

Phoenix police spokesman Sergeant Tommy Thompson identified the suspect as Nathan Sutherland, 36, who he said had worked at the Hacienda Healthcare facility since 2011.

"This was an employee, rather than a stranger who made his way into the facility," Thompson told a news conference. "We have no indication that there were other people involved, but again, this is an ongoing investigation."

The victim has been in the facility since 1992, according to local media.

(Reporting by Peter Szekely; Editing by Scott Malone and David Gregorio)

talk-to-her-almodovar-19755.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is this in the movie you're watching section?

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently someone made a movie about something like that.

Any time someone puts a random picture in a post you should google it. It's even built into chrome now.

movie.jpg

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was the plot of a law and order episode.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also watched these again over the rainy wknd:

51CD64NA7QL.jpg

A great feel good story, and again, Matthau doing his thing! A young Tatum O'Neal(Amanda) and Jackie Earle Haley(Kelly Leak) come to the rescue of the pathetic Bears little league baseball team.

51Nmqp86vQL._SY445_.jpg

One of my favorite movies of all time. Newman/Redford and team pulling the ultimate con on Robert Shaw's character to avenge the death of a fellow grifter.

The opening grift, the initial meeting of Redford and Newman's characters, the poker scene on the train, the final scene and of course, the theme song, The Entertainer, playing throughout!

One of the best films ever IMO.

Robert Shaw's limp in the film was not planned. I believe he hurt his leg playing handball and the director decided to not try to hide it during the filming.

(My cell phone's ring tone is The Entertainer.)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the plot of a law and order episode.
I vaguely remember that episode. If I remember, the victim wasn't raped in the episode but was artificially inseminated so they could look at the stem cells for research against Parkinsons.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn’t it an X-files too? The guy with the vestigial tail was sneaking into patients’ rooms and ****** them or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads