• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Kickass, (Christian Bates) Batman, and Deadpool movies have been the only good super hero movies made recently. If you want to include graphic novels etc you could add John Wick and Guardians of the Galaxy. Just my opinion of course, but most DC and Marvel movies suck. Oh, forgot to add, the LEGO Batman movie was pretty good.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-1-4_1-50-0.jpeg

#31 BREWSTER’S MILLIONS (1985)

After losing his job as a minor league pitcher, Monty Brewster learns he will inherit over three hundred million dollars — but only if he can spend thirty million in thirty days. There are some rules: he can’t donate the money, and he can’t purchase any goods. Directed by Walter Hill(!), this movie goes down pretty easy, but squanders an amazing supporting cast featuring John Candy, Rick Moranis and about a thousand 80s That Guys.

Early Me: 6 Current Me: 5

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love that movie. Vote “none of the above” was genius. Far from being wasted, Candy has some of the best lines in the film.

Watched Netflix’s Bird Box. Not bad.

Edit to add:

Monty Brewster: Gentlemen, do you think I'm a lowlife?

Tailor: Oh no, Mr. Brewster. Not with these clothes.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Heard about this but even as a Formula One fan I had no interest in watching it - no idea why. I finally watched it tonight and found it excellent. Makes you really appreciate the team and their history. Had many details I never knew nor would have expected about Frank Williams and the family. I think even non-formula one (or racing) fans would find it compelling.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
witness.jpg

The movie starts kind of slow and the main character although sharp is sort of an asshole but the movie grows and adds to the intrigue with every scene. Great verbal 'fights' and the plot that on surface is rather predictable concludes amazingly. One of the best if not the best crime movie I have seen.

license.jpg

Second Dalton Bond and well the movie was an average Bond movie. Great Bond girls, v.good Timothy Dalton and Q cameo but overall a let down after Living Daylights. Shame Dalton made only two movies though.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Molly’s Game. Pretty enjoyable and based on a true story. Player X in real life is rumored to be Tobey McGuire. If so, he’s a real dick to people.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1103763

The movie starts kind of slow and the main character although sharp is sort of an asshole but the movie grows and adds to the intrigue with every scene. Great verbal 'fights' and the plot that on surface is rather predictable concludes amazingly. One of the best if not the best crime movie I have seen.
An absolute gem from Billy Wilder!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rainy day yesterday. Watched this again.

NYC during the 70's and a brilliant performance from Matthau and Robert Shaw!
One of the best endings to a movie...ever!

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't make this up:

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2019/01/23/us/23reuters-arizona-crime.html

(Reuters) - A worker at a long-term care facility where a woman in a vegetative state recently gave birth to a baby has been arrested and charged with sexual assault, police in Phoenix, Arizona, said on Wednesday.

The woman, who is in her 20s and had been a long-term patient at the Hacienda Healthcare center after suffering an injury that left her in a vegetative state, went into labor on the afternoon of Dec. 29, police said.

Phoenix police spokesman Sergeant Tommy Thompson identified the suspect as Nathan Sutherland, 36, who he said had worked at the Hacienda Healthcare facility since 2011.

"This was an employee, rather than a stranger who made his way into the facility," Thompson told a news conference. "We have no indication that there were other people involved, but again, this is an ongoing investigation."

The victim has been in the facility since 1992, according to local media.

(Reporting by Peter Szekely; Editing by Scott Malone and David Gregorio)

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently someone made a movie about something like that.

Any time someone puts a random picture in a post you should google it. It's even built into chrome now.

movie.jpg

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was the plot of a law and order episode.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.