• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much better movie than Love Actually.

I just finished watching Die Hard and Die Hard 2, myself. Hadn't seen the second one inn a while. It's a bit dated, with its War On Drugs storyline, but still a solid action/Christmas movie.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Conjuring. I think it's a good horror movie.
I like your oeuvre, Jim.

Finished The Third Man today. Think tomorrow I will watch Struggle: The Life and Lost Art of Szukalski

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
upload_2018-12-29_22-34-22.jpeg

#33 DOC HOLLYWOOD (1991)

A young, hot shot doctor, en route to LA to become a plastic surgeon, gets stranded in small town Nowheresville, where he must contend with rural patients, eccentric locals and a burgeoning attraction to a hot, sweet woman. While not explicitly a holiday film, this is good, non-cynical fun for the whole family, and has to be Fox’s best movie this side of Back to the Future. Fellow olds might also remember it as one of two PG movies to feature boobies, cementing its status as a Blockbuster legend.

Early Me: 8 Current Me: 8

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw Bird Box on netflix. Probably one of the worst movies i've ever seen. Had an interesting concept but just got worse as it progressed

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw Bird Box on netflix. Probably one of the worst movies i've ever seen. Had an interesting concept but just got worse as it progressed

Started watching it during the week while doing something. I stopped 5 min in as I figured that I needed to give it my full attention. Interesting to see how I rate it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get back the 1.5 hours I just wasted watching this BS?

This is another of the Netflix hyped original shows. You can select how the movie progresses by selecting different options with your remote. During different parts of the movie, the screen at the bottom prompts you to select 1 of 2 options which the character(s) will then take and continue the storyline. Cool concept...right?

What started out as a new/different/original idea slowly developed into a BS "movie" with no real ending...no real story...no real anything.

I get that Netflix is coming out with all of this original programming. I do. At least have someone review/focus groups. This was just BS. I really don't know what this was about. If someone asked me to describe it, I will be able to describe the interactive concept. As for the movie, I would say that it is pure BS.

1/5.
(The 1 is for the interactive feature.)

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched Bird Box a couple of days ago in my Patagonian hotel room while I was drunk on cheap malbec. Didn't help.

lefty

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ok..

I spent today on the sofa watching some football games and Netflix while drinking some brews. I figured, let me catch the other recent hyped up Netflix original movie, Bird Box. That's 2 in 1 day.

This had potential. It had a sorta Survivors(BBC) and The Purge feeling......

That's it. That's my recap.

I really don't have anything else to say about this. I guess Netflix is throwing BIG BUCKS and actors/producers/etc to bring original content to their platform. But the content(the last 2 I watched) is just so-so....at best.

The 2 I watched today....I can safely say that I won't ever feel the need to watch again.

Bird Box was better than Black Mirror/Bandersnatch..but that doesn't really say much.

Possible 2/5.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad I finally got around to watching this. Really appreciate the storytelling and showcasing of the complicated relationship even if it fed into movie type cliches; really was something special and both Redmayne and Jones were excellent. Original soundtrack is also nice and mellow.

Reactions: Gus

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Millions, the best recent Christmas movie and one of Danny Boyle’s best. Also a bunch of classic Christmas movies, including Die Hard.

Also, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which is on cable right now. A real entertaining LA film noir semi-spoof with great acting and dialogue.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.