1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Stinson

Stinson Senior Member

I love The Clash, is that a new movie?

2. Van Veen

Van Veen Distinguished Member

First Man.

Enjoyed this overall. The space stuff is great and mostly accurate. (He went through some crazy stuff.) However I felt the portrayal of Armstrong was overly broody. Maybe that’s how he was, but it seemed one-note to me. There was one particular beat near the end that was a bit over the top.

3. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Distinguished Member

upload_2018-10-15_13-3-3.png

Used to like this, but really struggled this time round with it's exaggerated story and almost cartoonish approach. Still worth a look.

4. stylish_raven

stylish_raven Senior Member

this was a good one. It is quite thrilling

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Stylish Dinosaur

6. Stinson

Stinson Senior Member

7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

how a professional camera stabilizer works

[​IMG]

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

Halloween. I was bizarrely motivated to see this one, partly due to David Gordon Green — who made some good indies later released by the Criterion Collection— and partly due to 80s nostalgia. With a more mature treatment and kick-ass soundtrack, it didn’t disappoint. It was slightly weird to learn after all this time that Michael Myer’s hair was part of his William Shatner mask, not his own, as well as to see two sextagenerians duking it out, but otherwise — solid.

9. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Distinguished Member

52D936FD-19C4-43A3-A75A-97C5186DFA69.jpeg
    2A8B0FD0-EED3-479F-B66B-96F3598AEFC9.jpeg

10. lefty

lefty Stylish Dinosaur

11. edinatlanta

12. edinatlanta

Neat little 20-minute sci-fi film from France: "Reality+" (avec les mots en anglais pour les cancres du Style Forum).

Not the best, but it's neat enough and it's short. Worth checking out!

13. wojt

wojt Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    A great movie and competent thriller and a short study on human condition as well. Interestingly some the earlier scenes in the movies were supposedly cut from the original when the movie first hit US cinemas because of being anti-American. Some really great tense scenes in this one.

[​IMG]

First time watching this, I was afraid it is going to be awful chick movie(still I probably enjoyed the movie more because I was watching it with my gf). Definitely a good erotic film if you have company. Also it was not a deep movie, but it was somehow thought provoking and was not devoid of some study of relationships. Good movie.

14. Kaplan

Kaplan Distinguished Member

If you liked The Wages of Fear you should check out William Friedkin's The Sorcerer (based on the same book) - it's pretty great.

15. edinatlanta

The other side of the wind..........now granted I only took a couple film classes at a second tier state school so far be it from me to criticize orson Welles but......I'm not sure if works. I'm about 30 minutes in and it lacks any purpose. Considering how orson struggled to cobble it together and Netflix semi finished the job decade after that makes sense. And the satire lost its punch over that time and isnt really subtle. "Is the camera an extension of the eye....or is it just a phallus?" Being asked by an overly serious reporter in the first few minutes really sets the tone.