1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Kaplan

Kaplan Distinguished Member

^ I've never seen Babe, but now I know where that quote came from in Archer, so thanks.

I love 2001. I liked it before I had any idea what was going on, just for its mood and cinematography (and I think the visual effects hold up very well), and I liked it after finally getting around to reading about what it's all about. I like Barry Lyndon too, which I saw for the first time recently.

In preparation for a trip to the eternal city tomorrow morning, I just re-watched Ridley Scott's oscar winning documentary from 2000, with Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix as guides. Will not say I was not entertained.

2. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

3. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

Babe is such a great children’s film. My son would watch it incessantly as a two year old. Triva an actor friend of mine voiced the rooster. JM is correct about the line “That l’ll do pig. That l’ll do”

Ps it’s also interesting the number of young children I knew of who wouldn’t eat pork after seeing the movie or bursting into tears going “I’m not eating Babe”

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018

4. flipstah

flipstah Distinguished Member

Crazy Rich Asians was hilarious and accurate haha. More towards the 'Crazy' part from my perspective.

5. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

My wife saw it (I was baby sitting the 18month), she think it’s a glamour version of Korean drama... don’t think it will do Asia though

6. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Watched this last night with my son. What a visually stunning movie this is!

5A166C45-5D0C-4DEB-A962-3AD6577708D9.jpeg

7. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

I wanted to like it and I did, right until the last 20 minutes or so when things started to get a little silly. Not a bad film overall. Nice cameo from Aunt Lydia too.

[​IMG]

8. NycLondon

NycLondon Senior Member

I saw this at the Museum of Modern Art recently. I had not seen it at the cinema for 20 years. The performance of Quinn is quite extraordinary, especially if you got to know him in the Euro schmaltz he did later in life to cash in. He captures a range of emotional sadness that is so heart breaking that the film is almost unbearable - the stupidity of not accepting love from another human for no reason except shear cussedness is so perfectly portrayed.

9. NycLondon

NycLondon Senior Member

So what do you want from pairing the great female Hollywood dancer of all time with Astaire? ACTING?! So when Pavarotti lumbers across the stage but hits the high notes you're gonna say, lose some weight?

10. wojt

wojt Distinguished Member

You know it’s a movie after all... not a dancing contest. I don’t expect Elisabeth Taylor type of performance but something close to half the level of Debbie Reynolds would be nice

11. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Distinguished Member

This was good, and unlike any other movie I have seen (if it used animation it might be comparable to Waltz with Bashir).

p15132757_v_v8_ac.jpg

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Stylish Dinosaur

13. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

D746EC4A-89FB-42C4-83DA-989236B5EDBB.jpeg

Joaquin Phoenix prowls with a damaged animalistic intensity along some dark corridors of the human psyche in this violent tale of sexual, political perversion and human corruption. The direction and cinematography give this film a poetic fluidity in its visual realisation. An intense cinematic experience not for the faint hearted which delve deep in to that heart of darkness which resides within man.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 12:05 AM

14. mr monty

mr monty Distinguished Member