• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is it so many of you guys haven't seen Buckaroo Banzai? Next you'll be saying you missed Big Trouble in Little China.

lefty
I have not seen either one.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Familiar “who are the real savages?” storyline but still worth a watch. On Netflix.

7ABE76B6-08CB-45C7-8E6A-6367F09DAA4C.jpeg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
upload_2018-8-19_19-58-39.jpeg

#27. Gotcha! (1985)

1988. The Cold War. The Power of Love rules the airwaves. New Coke fills the shelves. Somewhere in Los Angeles, a young college student (a surprisingly hirsute Anthony Edwards) spends his days dreaming of righteous babes and playing Gotcha, a cat and mouse game where students hunt each other with a kind of paint gun. On vacation in Paris, he falls in love with a mysterious older woman (a pre-Jade Linda Fiorentino) who convinces him to take a detour through East Berlin. Shenanigans ensue as the naive Edwards, furrowing his brow and running his hands through his hair — all that hair! — begins to suspect he’s being set-up — but for what? Who is this mystery woman? Is he just being played? And will all that paintballing come in handy for the grand finale? (Spoiler: Yes. Yes, it will.)

Early Me: 8, Current Me: 7

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5070E7AC-FAC3-401B-AEF1-7DB8EEF3BDC5.jpeg

Saw this on the weekend. An excellent film with moments of socio political comedy with a profoundly disturbing message still (more) relevant today . Spike Lee definitely delivers with a superb ensemble cast led by John David Washington as Ron Stallwroth and Adam Driver as Flip Zimmerman.

Stallworth’s initial call to the organisation is worth the admission price alone. Laura Harrier and her hair add a great dimension to her student activist sister portrayal. And those 70’s fashion particularly the flares and the music. The ending sequence with LH and JDW is a gem. Overall a brilliant but disturbing film. Highly recomended.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1021839

#27. Gotcha! (1985)

1988. The Cold War. The Power of Love rules the airwaves. New Coke fills the shelves. Somewhere in Los Angeles, a young college student (a surprisingly hirsute Anthony Edwards) spends his days dreaming of righteous babes and playing Gotcha, a cat and mouse game where students hunt each other with a kind of paint gun. On vacation in Paris, he falls in love with a mysterious older woman (a pre-Jade Linda Fiorentino) who convinces him to take a detour through East Berlin. Shenanigans ensue as the naive Edwards, furrowing his brow and running his hands through his hair — all that hair! — begins to suspect he’s being set-up — but for what? Who is this mystery woman? Is he just being played? And will all that paintballing come in handy for the grand finale? (Spoiler: Yes. Yes, it will.)

Early Me: 8, Current Me: 7

I just watched the trailer online. I want to say I have seen this movie but much of it doesn't seem that familiar.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alternatively you can nuke the fridge

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
39616_g.JPG

Not sure why I keep watching Refn films when I don't really like them. Curiosity, visuals and the soundtrack, I guess...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
39616_g.JPG

Not sure why I keep watching Refn films when I don't really like them. Curiosity, visuals and the soundtrack, I guess...

upload_2018-8-21_19-46-49.jpeg

Hmmm...IMDb says he also directed ^this, so now I’m intrigued. Blood, synth-grooves and...tea?

I liked Drive and that other one OK. But you’re right...the rest I’ve seen have that weird Gus Van Sant quality where it’s like objectively bad, but you keep watching whenever it’s on cable.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_papbxb4uxo1r13ccbo1_500.jpg

Trashy 90s thriller that's actually from 2001. The director would go on to make the worst Bond movie ever, the year after.

5a9adfd6c15d8.jpg

My experience with this lies somewhere between these two rather diverse reviews.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
220px-Panic_FilmPoster.jpeg

William H Macy plays a troubled hitman who goes to a shrink. Great acting all around. 8/10

Solverson

Reaction score
Yesterday I watched "A walk among the tombstones" with Liam Neeson . Not impressed, a poor thriller in my opinion

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads