• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="edinatlanta, post: 9296645, member: 37797"
Anyway this is a good way to see how painful Corleones arc is. It's so harsh you have to remind yourself how awful a person he is.

Nvm the first two do that. The third is just a bit too much.[/QUOTE]

maybe, but I somehow found 3rd part a fitting end to the story
sure 2nd and 3rd were not as goodas the 1st, but still they were decent

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to have a pastime with some old high school friends getting drunk and watching awful b/c movies from the video store (preferably horror). I just watched "Murder at the Cape" on Netflix and glad to see the streaming era continues this tradition.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been on a silent film kick over the past few weeks:

9B4A8100-5FE3-4186-A2E2-BAEDFFD5E83C.jpeg

A36FFC2F-444F-4768-B78D-CD523D65A7D7.jpeg

30ED9882-2D17-459A-99EC-D6B60363DB97.jpeg

This last one, The Passion Of Joan of Arc, is one of the most incredible movies I’ve ever watched - captivating me during every second of the film. I’ve watched it three times over the past four days just to absorb the emotion that’s portrayed in every moment.

rubykris

Reaction score
The film adaptation of Annihilation in Netflix.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to see more silent films.

Have you seen The Crowd?

One of the few silent films that actually grabbed me.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to see more silent films.

Have you seen The Crowd?

One of the few silent films that actually grabbed me.

No, but I’ll look for it.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Square - bit of a painful watch but this scene stopped the audience cold. No one could breathe. This Is Terry Notary who is a motion capture actor for many of the ape movies.

Here he is talking about how to move like an ape.

lefty

Watched this the other night found it darkly amusing and not painful to watch at all. The ape scene was quite spectacular and the end to that sceen was absurdly wonderful. Overall I can understand why it won the Palme d’Or. That said it was probably a half hour too long. Could have been edited better IMHO

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@HORNS Battleship Potemkin I would love to see. Analysied the **** out the steps sequence at Uni years ago. J’accuse by Abel Gance is another remarkable sitent film its the first anti war film made and only recently found the full movie on youtube.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched this the other night found it darkly amusing and not painful to watch at all. The ape scene was quite spectacular and the end to that sceen was absurdly wonderful. Overall I can understand why it won the Palme d’Or. That said it was probably a half hour too long. Could have been edited better IMHO

I might give it another shot someday. But that scene ... damn. It's rare that a theatre goes stone cold silent these days and that scene did it.

lefty

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone else subscribe to Filstruck? Sorry if this has already been discussed. This is where I'm watching a lot of the classics.

I've also been watching a lot of Kurosawa since I have only watched Throne of Blood beforehand. My god, can anyone come up with a more remarkable pairing than Kurosawa and Toshiro Mifune?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My god, can anyone come up with a more remarkable pairing than Kurosawa and Toshiro Mifune?
Me and your mom (PMing links if interested).

Avengers Infinity War. Not bad. Not great either. The way each character had just enough development was good. Except Black Panther now that I think about it. The fx were great. The acting much better than it should've been. The jokes were there but they never really clicked with anyone. The plot was a bit too over the place which I guess has to happen if you're killing off what, two dozen characters?

Honestly if you're on the fence I'd say dont see it just wait for part 2.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6B2E62A3-C2AF-4293-9838-140D6EC52AF7.jpeg

Re-evolution directed by David Sousa Moreau is a Spanish film with a strong anarchical bent that challenges the dominant European state hegemony by having four disenfranchised individuals at wits end come up with a plan to subvert the dominant European order and give power to the people.

The plot is audacious and the narrative told in a nonlinear fashion which combines leftist politics, action and thriller and interesting insights into the human condition to provide a though provoking cinema experience, expertly filmed I have to say, and entertainment of high caliber.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics