• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

WSW

Reaction score
Give both of them their Oscars already - PTA + DDL

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
562705809-wind-river.jpg

Cool.

We saw this with another couple who had already bought tickets. I hadn't heard of it prior to that. I liked the lines about Jackson Hole.

"The millionaires chased everyone out."

"Actually, I think the billionaires chased out the millionaires."

"Don't worry, they'll all go home when the wolves start eating their golden retrievers."

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
This was ok
little-hours-poster.jpg

This was pretty good, maybe a bit inspired by The Third Man
original.jpg

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
trailer-park-boys-say-goodnight-to-the-bad-guys-53c420e1ac6df.jpg

Have been binge watching TPB in the wake of John Dunsworth's passing. Some good Lahey moments in here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dunsworth was my FiL's best friend. They lived beside each other on a fishing cove road that is filled with Dunsworths.

Sad day.

lefty

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alien.

First time for me. The shocking moments lose impact from being part of the cultural zeitgeist. I appreciate it as a film, but I wish I had seen this when I was younger so it would have had more emotional effect. This suffers from the “Seinfeld is Unfunny” effect since it’s been imitated so much.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alien.

First time for me. The shocking moments lose impact from being part of the cultural zeitgeist. I appreciate it as a film, but I wish I had seen this when I was younger so it would have had more emotional effect. This suffers from the “Seinfeld is Unfunny” effect since it’s been imitated so much.

Interesting point. At its release, it was a stunning bit of movie making, and for years it still gave people the heeby jeebies.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes me think that you probably haven't watched Aliens yet. Highly recommended and I'm sure that it will be entertaining and rewarding despite some corny moments in there.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blade-runner-2049-poster.jpg

Mixed feelings about this one. Beautifully executed, the setting and the world is pictured in great details and convincing yet the movie imo lacks in few departments. It tries to do too much, AI, replicants, action, family story is too much for even 160minutes long movie. Also compared to original the characters were more 2 dimensional and predictable, for example Tyrell vs Wallace. Wallace is over the top loon, only thing missing is mustache twirling. Action did not close gracefully at the end and you have a feeling you ate a meal but you are still hungry for desert. Overall good, but not great.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Makes me think that you probably haven't watched Aliens yet. Highly recommended and I'm sure that it will be entertaining and rewarding despite some corny moments in there.

It’s next on the docket.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting point. At its release, it was a stunning bit of movie making, and for years it still gave people the heeby jeebies.

It’s impossible to watch the dinner scene without thinking about Spaceballs.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
large_f9f4d7pJVhM8jRIqC6pd5NZaZHC.jpg

Great adaptation, it is a bit shorter than original but you get the essence of the story. Plus Kenneth Branagh was fantastic, Fishburne too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads