• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Plowed through a few random movies I found on Netflix (I'm short now that I've finished Mindhunter)

MV5BZTIyZGM3NDItMTNmNS00Yzc4LTg2MzItOWY4MTE1NDlmZDIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAwMzUyOTc@._V1_UY1200_CR91,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Entertaining if not a bit campy. Made no attempt to work out the mathematics embedded as I watched so didn't find it as stimulating as some reviews claimed.

The-Survivalist.jpg

Similar to The Road in bleakness. Compelling characters too.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i was in southern california i listened to the great KFI 640 all the time. at one point they had John Douglas do a regular show called Mindhunter that was seriously can't miss radio, just about his days as an FBI profiler, interviewing serial killers, etc. this was about 10 years ago. dunno if they archived it but if you can find it well worth a listen.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when i was in southern california i listened to the great KFI 640 all the time. at one point they had John Douglas do a regular show called Mindhunter that was seriously can't miss radio, just about his days as an FBI profiler, interviewing serial killers, etc. this was about 10 years ago. dunno if they archived it but if you can find it well worth a listen.

Have you seen the show? Not that bad at all.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JUst watched Alien Covenant. Ho-hum. Disappointed in Ridley Scott.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My first movie in what feels like eons: George Michael: Freedom, courtesy of Showtime and this last tinkling finger of Crown. It’s hard not to feel somewhat moved by the documentary — especially as follower of Michael’s hair, clothing and albums, more than his life — but in the end, it’s a shallow effort, undone by the death of its director — George Michael.

Superfans should take a pass, but if your knowledge begins and ends with his Faith album (written when he was 24!), it’s worth a look.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terminator1984movieposter.jpg
Terminator2poster.jpg

3 very different scifi classics I did watch again since I watched them last time as teenager.

Blade Runner which I haven't noticed before, uses neoclassical architecture and clothing style which combined futuristic film noir worked really well. The movie generated really great immersion and background for the story.

Scary thing about the terminator is that sans time travel the premise of the movie is actually a concern and possibility researched now. Sequel was really perfectly executed with 95% of effects good enough for cinema at this very moment. One thing you can hold against it, it's the Hollywood action film style which deviated far from the original, and sometimes irrational behavior from T1000.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[QUOTE="wojt] Blade Runner...uses neoclassical architecture and clothing style which combined futuristic film noir worked really well. The movie generated really great immersion and background for the story.[/QUOTE]

[video][/video]

Have you seen this? It might have been posted before. It devotes some interesting time to the Bradbury Building, used in many films, including Blade Runner. (Overall, it’s a lot of fun trying to remember just how many times you’ve seen a particular mansion, and in what films...)

^^This is my favorite part of the movie — the weird idea that Hollywood is anti-modern architecture because they give those houses to the villains. (I always thought it was because they’re interesting to look at, but no...it runs deeper!)

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Beatle fan and thoroughly enjoyed watching Ron Howard's "Eight Days A Week" doc on the Beatles up through the release of Sgt. Peppers album. Excellent camera, sound and pace.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MATCH POINT - Watched this one again last night. Great story, acting, casting, scenery. SJ isn't hard on the eyes, especially at this age in her career. Written and directed by Woody Allen (he doesn't appear) shot in London, the movie is far superior than any trailer I can post.

67673e22daf7cab193afb6f41ec65d7e.jpg

Last edited:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^great movie I really enjoyed it, well maybe enjoy is not the best word because the movie is really dark

Have you seen this? It might have been posted before. It devotes some interesting time to the Bradbury Building, used in many films, including Blade Runner. (Overall, it’s a lot of fun trying to remember just how many times you’ve seen a particular mansion, and in what films...)

interesting I didn't know about it

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^great movie I really enjoyed it, well maybe enjoy is not the best word because the movie is really dark

Yes, it is dark, but you love the good guys and are uncomfortable with the more downward spiral. The unusual choice of the sound track is a bonus.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimes and Misdemeanors is a better version of essentially the same story/point. i was deeply disappointed with Match Point. i think it struck me as glib which i guess is the attitude of nihilism?

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They varied in style, I liked the dark mood of Match Point more but that's down to personal preference imo. Both were well executed movies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads