• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, is there really nothing decent to watch on Netflix? I feel like they've been showing me the same movies for months now.

I should say that I have many foreign films saved, but I'm usually working on stuff when there's a movie on.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blood in Blood out

Cheesy acting in a few places but overall a good, less known film

Last edited:

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy Stupid, Love.
I suppose I had to eventually.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broadcast News.

Absolutely hated it. All the characters were self absorbed and annoying. I wanted to punch Holly Hunter's character in the face the entire time and this is the only time I've ever remembered disliking Albert Brooks. William Hurt's character appeared to be genuinely marsupialed.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just tried to watch Tree of Life. How the **** can this even be called a movie? Its like a beautiful picture show that somebody decided 15 minutes of dialogue would make a movie.

good to know i'm not the only person who felt this way.

watched le samouri recently, which was great. i finally got around to starting rashomon, which i'm finding harder to get into.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Margin Call

Small, overlooked 2011 film on the financial crisis focusing on one firm and what they do when they discover most of their assets are toxic.
Great cast - Jeremy Irons, Kevin Spacey, Paul Bettany, Zach Quinto, Stanley Tucci.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night we went and saw Safe House, with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. It had some plot holes, but on the whole it was pretty intense.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blood in Blood out
Cheesy acting in a few places but overall a good, less known film

I remember seeing that when I was a kid and my parents had a descrambler. No memory of the actual plot, though. :D

The Informant and Out of Sight are pretty rad. Haywire is supposed to be pretty good.

I liked haywire. Gina Carano (sp?) is ******* hot and the fighting seemed a lot more realistic than typical hollywod martial arts. Man I would love to fondle her.:nodding:

The one thing I have a hard time with is when a woman is able to beat a man of at least equal fighting skill when he has a lot more mass/strength. I mean, I always assume at some point strength will overcome technique, then when you have her fighting these dudes who are obviously trained in the same areas as her you'd think she would lose.

Last edited:

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Margin Call
Small, overlooked 2011 film on the financial crisis focusing on one firm and what they do when they discover most of their assets are toxic.
Great cast - Jeremy Irons, Kevin Spacey, Paul Bettany, Zach Quinto, Stanley Tucci.

saw this recently. i liked it.

i worked as an extra on the hunger games and was backstage with stanley tucci for a few days and got to watch him work for hours. i never really appreciated him until then, but seeing him work in person blew my mind. his part in margin call was pretty small-ish, but he was really good in it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Margin Call

not overlooked on SF. :teach:

great movie, had me on the edge of my seat start to finish.

Last night we went and saw Safe House, with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. It had some plot holes, but on the whole it was pretty intense.

+1. i enjoyed it a lot. i also saw it at 3 oclock on a workday. most movies are extra good then. :)

saw this recently. i liked it.
i worked as an extra on the hunger games and was backstage with stanley tucci for a few days and got to watch him work for hours. i never really appreciated him until then, but seeing him work in person blew my mind. his part in margin call was pretty small-ish, but he was really good in it.

thats REALLY cool. i too thought he did a killer job in his role.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just finished "the change up"

plenty of laughs + leslie manns naked tittays + olivia wildes naked tittays = FULL OF WIN!

about to start "moneyball."

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just finished "moneyball." excellent movie, top notch.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did you enjoy it? i was told its a good flick.

OK. Rather predictable overall. Some nice comic moments.. Be nice to see Carell playing a bastard for a change, but that prob won't happan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics