1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Motivates you guys to exercise or workout?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by preynhunt, Jun 19, 2006.

1. malek

malek Well-Known Member

sex
    Lol, all in one word!
    Well personaly I feel that I have more energy when I work out and I'm always motivated by my improving shape... I mean when I started to have some muscles I was kinda proud cuz it felt like a small achievement. And now I'm more comfortable with my body and I'm free to wear whatever I want... This is very important.[​IMG]

2. faust

faust Senior member

Lol, all in one word!
    Well personaly I feel that I have more energy when I work out and I'm always motivated by my improving shape... I mean when I started to have some muscles I was kinda proud cuz it felt like a small achievement. And now I'm more comfortable with my body and I'm free to wear whatever I want... This is very important.[​IMG]

agreed.

3. Aristocrat

Aristocrat Senior member

I think of how my body will look after a month doing the thing I'm doing, or that my sex appeal goes a edge higher! [​IMG]

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

First - the reaper. Heart disease claimed two of my grandparents. Inactivity got a third. So I run.

Second - I grew up fat. Portly, tubby, chunky, future NFL lineman, however we put it these days. I'm thin now, and have no intention of going back to old, fat Tom.

Then there's the appeal factor, which should never be discounted [​IMG]

5. Cali4nia_Matt

Cali4nia_Matt Active Member

Make exercising as interesting as possible. Run outside, take the spin class (bike), play tennis with a friend, go on a hike, take a bike ride, walk to the store, as a friend to throw a football back and forth. As for lifting weights, your just going to have to find joy in the gym...usually seeing somebody's larger bicep is enough inspiration while in the gym. As for running on a treadmill, I can't go for more than 10 min--it's incredibly boring, even with an iPod! Haha

6. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Senior member

Sex and wanting to look good. The more attractive your body the more attractive the girl your going to attract for sex. Being in good shape also helps you live longer, age less, and just plane feel good. Your body has to work less when your fit.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jon.

8. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

Many things. Most of all, I'm extremely vain. I enjoy entering a room, and being one of the few people there, who is exactly at his correct weight. My wardrobe, has stayed with me for decades. I don't have to own three different 'size departments,' just in case I've put on some pounds, since I last got dressed up. Exercise, is absolutely essential to looking and feeling good. Make time for it. I work out, three times a week, sometimes more often than that. Everything, from skin tone to condition of fingernails, to strength and posture, improves via exercise.

When I was a child, I thought that movie stars looked good onscreen, because of 'chance.' Now, I know better. Sadly, too many of them smoked themselves to death, trying to stay svelte for the cameras.

9. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

Sex and wanting to look good. The more attractive your body the more attractive the girl your going to attract for sex. Being in good shape also helps you live longer, age less, and just plane feel good. Your body has to work less when your fit.

same reasons as me.

If there is something I can do to make myself look better and feel better as a result then I will do it.

A human should aim to be perfect in every aspect of his/her life. I dont mean as other people thinking ur perfect but as u seeing urself the way u've dreamed to see urself. As life is about setting goals and achieving them, looking good should be one of ur aims.