• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What MANLY stuff did you do today?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You will be better sleeping in the car...

No way. That tent is really comfortable. Nice foam mattress, and it's like sleeping in a portable tree house.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No way. That tent is really comfortable. Nice foam mattress, and it's like sleeping in a portable tree house.

What kind of predators you're escaping by sleeping on the top of your car???

Bears , coyotes?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What kind of predators you're escaping by sleeping on the top of your car???

Bears , coyotes?

It's not about escaping predators (although in Africa, these roof-top tents are popular because of that reason.) I suppose that if I were worried about predators, I'd be less worried in a roof top tent.

It's about comfort and convenience. The tent sets up in 15 seconds and takes down in under a minute. You never have to pitch your tent on mud, or rocky ground. It's comfortable, spacious, and takes up no room inside the vehicle. It's made of carbon fiber, so the whole thing weighs less than 90 pounds. For car camping, it really is a lot nicer than a ground tent.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's not about escaping predators (although in Africa, these roof-top tents are popular because of that reason.) I suppose that if I were worried about predators, I'd be less worried in a roof top tent.

It's about comfort and convenience. The tent sets up in 15 seconds and takes down in under a minute. You never have to pitch your tent on mud, or rocky ground. It's comfortable, spacious, and takes up no room inside the vehicle. It's made of carbon fiber, so the whole thing weighs less than 90 pounds. For car camping, it really is a lot nicer than a ground tent.

I thought it was to escape scary creatures...:embar:

Nothing vaguely dangerous where you're ..

Grey

Reaction score
Successfully installed motorcycle carburetors.

Adjusted chain and test-rode other bike.

About to drink some Glenmorangie Extremely Rare 18.

Considered purchasing a woody-sided Jeep Grand Wagoneer, which even in theory is manly.

Rapheal1216

Reaction score
Hi all SF'ers. This is my 1st post. Im new here and looking to improve my wardrobe by 1000% this year as I have aquired a new position as head of a media company in the city. Huge jump in careers means I must have even better fashion! Im an artist meaning some days i do the office role and others its a limo rodeto the studio where i have to get paints and dirt on me so stepping up my choice of attire will be fun.

But on to the manly stuff..
I helped my girlfriends mother move furnature tables and lawn chairs to set up for her bbq yesterday. Then later that night went with all my friends to another bbq and rode quad dirtbikes in the mud during the night rainstorm.

Usually i work on my car or do artwork painting/drawing making music or graphics all day/night. Manly enough i work with my hands alot

Costanza

Reaction score
I drove for miles with a passenger on the back of an ATV on rough trails and across bogs and numerous streams. On the way I had to clear about six trees that had fallen across the trail since the last time I did that. They ranged in diameter from 6 to 10 inches and all I had to cut them was my machete, so I made and popped a couple of nice blisters on my cutting hand. On the bigger trees I had to resharpen the blade once or twice before finishing them off.

When we got to where we were going I had to extract a couple of dozen samples of mineralized quartz with 16 and 22 ounce rock hammers because I forgot the Geotool back at the camp. On the way back I hit a stump or boulder hiding in the tall grass overgrowing the trail which sent one handle bar into my ribs and lightly sprained my wrist.

When we go back to camp I drank two generic, large batch, industrially produced bottles of beer and ate freshly caught and fried walleye and lake trout. I checked on the markets on satellite TV and went to bed but not before checking styleforum. :nodding:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went for a hike in the hills and trimmed bushes. Then I made a Mai Tai and smoked a cigar.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I kicked the cat and I told my wife my little girl just popped and she needed to change her.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pounded some snatch and came into work so she doesn't have to (and spend her days working out so her bod is tight so i have something excellent to pound when i get home from a day at work and am angry because everyone around me is a ******* idiot.) haven't even had my coffee (i grind my own beans between my teeth and spit them into a chainmail filter and have an actual french maid to press it) yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics