1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What MANLY stuff did you do today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sonick, Dec 12, 2008.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Neo would have done CPR on this opposum and got an erection out of it...

If the accident did happen on a week-end, you would have been fucked.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

If nothing else, Neo or someone should have come to remove it for me. I couldn't leave it there on the curb right in front of my steps, so I manned up and moved it and its little ones that were clinging on for dear life - too small to have survived, btw.

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

Replaced all four sway bar endlinks on my new car. Two of the bolts were seized so I got to cut it off with an angle grinder.

4. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Replaced my garbage disposal. Actually a lot easier than I expected.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Painted (with a brush) the rest of the new siding on the garage and then re-painted the front area. Also pruned a tree with a pole-saw.

I totally need to look into a sprayer, though.

6. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Went to a bar that has over 250 different beers to choose from and asked for "the manliest bear you have". Apparently that makes me a sexist monster and I got lectured by the waitress for not being gender sensitive. She then later made fun of my friend for choosing a "girl's beer" and said he should just get a cider. Feminists :facepalm:

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

What, were you at the Flying Saucer?

First problem: not knowing what they manliest beer is. (hint: it's whatever you're ordering, so long as it's a stout). Second problem: didn't patronize the waitress and give her hell for being a feminist waitress in a beer hall. (Irony alert). Third problem: nothing wrong with cider, order two to go and say they're for the women who are waiting outside for you to come out and sex them.

8. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Ya it was the flying saucer. I was trying to remember the name of a beer called bigfoot ale, and the last time I tried it one of the guys just asked for their "manliest" beer, so I did the same thing and got bitched out :(. I didn't patronize her or give her a hard time, I just thought the was being pretty loose butthole about being offended over such a little thing.

The best part of the night was when a very tall and socially awkward man went up to her and tried to get her number (It wasn't me this time!).

9. sonick

sonick Senior member

Freudian slip?

10. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Hahaha. There were some big hairy power bottoms sitting around, so maybe I was distracted.

11. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I trimmed my beard today. It will be leaving in November, replaced by a lonely moustache. I've not had a fully clean shaven face in about a year, so it should be fun.

12. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Navigated a 4 mile hike to a specific location in the woods using a topo map and a wristwatch for a compass. When we got there I found a few points and a half dozen flint tools. My friend found a nice spear point and a small adz. Good day all in all.

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

I finished up the tire carrier bumper for my Jeep and got it mounted. It looks badass, and I can finally carry a full-size spare tire.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I re-attached a second-story gutter yesterday. BY MYSELF. And I hate heights.

Also, finally, for the first time in like, forever, got all my dress shirts ironed.

15. E TF

E TF Senior member

Not sure that ironing is all that manly. Unless by "got all my dress shirts ironed" you meant got someone else to iron them?

16. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Tell it to the Marines.

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

um, negative ghost rider. I run my own mess.

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Jeepers Thomas, it looks like you don't even understand the theme of this thread! Running your own mess is not manly.

I plucked my eyebrows today, but you'll never see me posting that fact in this thread on account of it's not especially manly to do that.

19. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Again, negative. Self-reliance is manly. Now, directing others is more alpha than straight-up manly.

For instance, if you'd had someone else pluck your eyebrows, that would be womanly. Plucking your own is manly.

FWIW, I pluck my own nose hairs, too - and I weep Very Manly Tears after every one.

20. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I sneeze whenever I pluck my nose hairs. I wonder if that is manly? (I also sneeze when I look into the light. Or when I consume some kind of sugar, such as fructose, after a long period of not having enough sugar in my system. I'm not sure if that's manly either.)