What MANLY stuff did you do today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sonick, Dec 12, 2008.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

This thread is the perfect place for this picture. The driller, a 6'5" 250 lb Mississippi boy (not pictured), asked me if I wanted to box, so every day after we finished our shift (around 1am) we'd go up to the helideck and box. Just off the screen to the left of this picture is a GOSP (Gas and oil separation plant) with a flare boom that constantly has a 20-40 foot flame coming out of it. As I pissed 125 feet from the helideck to the Persian Gulf, then started boxing with flames in the distance, I thought to myself "This might be the manliest thing I've ever done."

This picture was taken about 2 weeks later when we had switched shifts, so we were boxing in the mid-day July heat and humidity of offshore Saudi Arabia. It was pretty brutal.

[​IMG]

ok,
    this is manly - boxing on a heliport on an oil rig. that is manly.

2. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

i think i own those same gloves, are those 10oz?

as for me i ate a big burrito from chipotle then drank beer and shared war stories with another vet at my friend's daughters birthday...nothing like war stories and beer at a 2 year olds bday haha despite the sound of it all it really was classy.

3. Kookz

Kookz Senior member

navy? Looks pretty fun none the less...
    Oil. Not a good shot, but it's hard to get a picture from a helicopter when you're not supposed to have your phone out. :p

[​IMG]

It was a great time except that I'm not a boxer, and got my ass handed to me on a regular basis. No head shots though, so we made it to work each day.

ok,
    this is manly - boxing on a heliport on an oil rig. that is manly.

This made me LOL.

i think i own those same gloves, are those 10oz?
    Come on, this is the manly thread. They're 16oz. :p

4. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

Just off the screen to the left of this picture is a GOSP (Gas and oil separation plant) with a flare boom that constantly has a 20-40 foot flame coming out of it. As I pissed 125 feet from the helideck to the Persian Gulf, then started boxing with flames in the distance, I thought to myself "This might be the manliest thing I've ever done."

Hahaha, this is pretty awesome

5. level32

level32 Senior member

This thread is the perfect place for this picture. The driller, a 6'5" 250 lb Mississippi boy (not pictured), asked me if I wanted to box, so every day after we finished our shift (around 1am) we'd go up to the helideck and box. Just off the screen to the left of this picture is a GOSP (Gas and oil separation plant) with a flare boom that constantly has a 20-40 foot flame coming out of it. As I pissed 125 feet from the helideck to the Persian Gulf, then started boxing with flames in the distance, I thought to myself "This might be the manliest thing I've ever done."

This picture was taken about 2 weeks later when we had switched shifts, so we were boxing in the mid-day July heat and humidity of offshore Saudi Arabia. It was pretty brutal.

/thread [​IMG]

6. sonick

sonick Senior member

Replaced a bunch of trunk gaskets to fix my trunk leaks before the rain really hits hard here.

Replaced a valve in winshield washer system, now both sides work!

Fixed an annoying rattle in the brakes that I couldn't for the life of me figure out wtf it was. Turns out the brake pad level sensor came out of its clip and was rattling over bumps.

I lvoe fixing random annoying shit on my car.

7. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Drank a lot of whiskey despite having to be responsible tomorrow + shot myself multiple times with a pretty powerful airsoft gun, just for fun.... [​IMG]

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

spared last night. really got the crap beaten out of me by a guy who has been boxing 4-5 times a week for the past 2 years, and is about 10 years younger than me, and probrably outweighs me by 30 pounds or so. but I kept going and did pretty honorably.

then got up at 6 am to lift weights and run, even though I am sore as hell.

9. il ciclista

about to go cycle(is that manly?) Ordering more parts for my son's 65 AMF mustang pedal car i am restoring that will be a suprise(suprise me if i get it done on time) for Christmas.

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Fixed some pipe issues under the sink. Took apart and put back together a sink fixture to clean it. Fucking murdered a slab of ribs.

11. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Fucking murdered a slab of ribs.

You don't look like the kind of guy that eats a lot in one sitting.

12. il ciclista

You don't look like the kind of guy that eats a lot in one sitting.

hey don't underestimate the little guys! Our stomachs unravel and get huge when we see food

13. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

Our stomachs unravel and get huge when we see food

Speaking of stomachs unraveling - my MANLY act for the day was stuffing my office toilet...even more MANLY is the fact that I left it for someone else to clean up...mad mess hope it's cleared up by tommorrow....

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

that is not manly at all

15. unjung

unjung Senior member

Confronted a good friend over some bullshit that was threatening to put a damper on our friendship. The air was cleared, happily.

Fed some bison.

[​IMG]