• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what low price shoes with jeans

hotspur

Reaction score
Ive never owned a pair of shoes but Ive been thinking about getting a pair since im tired of sneakers... Was thinking about something like Allen edmonds boat shoes. I only really wear jeans or khacki shorts, and they're the only shoes ive seen people wearing that i liked with that kind of clothing. Im pretty broke at the moment though so I was thinking used or ebay? My feet measure between a 11.5 and 11.75 so i was looking for a 12... What would be my best options?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Sperry boat shoes, the classic ones are like $60.

familyman

Reaction score
Don't buy used boat shoes. I have a few pairs of used shoes, but never boat shoes. They're very very often worn sockless and get very very yucky inside. Buy laceups used, buy boots used, hell, buy sneakers used, but buy new boat shoes. Sperry's are the classic, I have a pair of timberlands that I love. Check Zappos if you're open to odd colors, they clear the out for cheap ($25-$30 cheap) every now and again. If you want to spend a little more Quoddy Trail makes what is supposed to be the best out there. What Sperry was when they got their reputation for being the best many years ago. Quoddys are $100 so probably fall outside the cheap spectrum. http://www.quoddytrail.com/index.html

StevenRocks

Reaction score
+1 Definately buy your boat shoes new and go for the Sperrys or Sebago Docksides. Both are relatively affordable and look good.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dillards and Foley's have them too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads