• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of razor blade do you use?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just tried the new Mach 3 "Turbo" blade. Absolutely fabulous. What a great, smooth shave.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I use the original Mach 3 blade. I think I'll make a run to the store today and get the Turbo replacement blades. We had a discussion on them a few weeks back, and the general consensus seemed to be that the Turbo was worth it. And you obviously back that statement, so I might just have to jump on the bandwagon.

Reaction score
Mach 3 Turbo is by far the best thing that I've tried for shaving. I will never use electrical again, not even the top of the line ones. I love the Mach 3 Turbo...
Allen

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I just recently switched from the Sensor Excel to the Mach 3 Turbo and all I can say is wow. It took a day or so to get used to the new angle but once I did, what a close, smooth shave - God - I sound like a commercial. The only problem is, I switched before I ran out of cartridges for my SensorExcel and now I don't want to go back and use them - I'm probably going to give them to my wife and let her use them to shave her legs.

So my advice is, use up whatever you currently have first, because once you switch you won't want to go back.

I also have a very nice Norelco which I keep in my desk drawer and will use if I have a later afternoon or evening meeting - but it always dries out my skin. It's hard to believe that I ever shaved with an electric razor on a regular basis. I did, but switched just after college.

Bradford

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe all of you have had such good results. I've had about 5 shaves with the Mach 3 Turbo blades and absolutely can't stand them. I've fared much better with the original blades, both in getting a closer and smoother shave. The extra comfort strip on the Turbo blade makes me feel as if it isn't shaving anything at all, and I find myself going over the same areas quite frequently, while at the same time not achieving a close shave.

I don't know though; I have an extremely angular face which may have something to do with ineffectivness of the blades. Anyway, I've given up on shaving. Two months ago I bought a beard trimmer and since then have maintained neat stubble. All this despite buying a gorgeous chrome, badger hair brush, razor, and bowl set for christmas.

Larry

Reaction score
I have a Mach 3 Turbo which I purchased, and a Schick Extreme3 which I got for free by filling out a survey. I find that the Schick works much better than the Mach 3, especially when shaving the upper lip due to the significantly smaller head. Makes for less irritation with the better control.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads