• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of protein are you guys currently drinking?

scugger

Reaction score
i just use water. but i don't care about taste in general when it comes to supps. i don't eat for taste, i eat for gains. what I do care about, however, is when protein bubbles up when shaken in the shaker cup. i hate that!

Tardek

Reaction score
I use perfect protein. It seems pretty good and it doesn't taste bad.

As an aside, does anyone have thoughts on it? I'm a bit of a protein noob.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's whey protein concentrate which is the cheapest form of whey protein and also the least pure because things like fat and lactose stick around in the processing. If you're paying dirt cheap for it, then it's probably alright if it doesn't give you stomach problems, but if you want purer protein you could get a whey isolate (doesn't make a huge difference results-wise ime) or if you're paying a lot of money then the forum members here can point you to cheaper alternatives.

Tardek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
It's whey protein concentrate which is the cheapest form of whey protein and also the least pure because things like fat and lactose stick around in the processing. If you're paying dirt cheap for it, then it's probably alright if it doesn't give you stomach problems, but if you want purer protein you could get a whey isolate (doesn't make a huge difference results-wise ime) or if you're paying a lot of money then the forum members here can point you to cheaper alternatives.

Thanks for the info.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleeboy
Only if you have it with dairy based products. I have it with milk as a late night shake, or with coffee in the morning or after a workout - to bump up the carbs and flavour factor.

Try not to have this with water... it's like comparing a full cream latte to skim...

I drink it with water all the time. I enjoy it.

mikeman

Reaction score
ON is my go-to,but I tried BSN Syntha 6- cookies and cream last month and it was delicious.I used to drink protein with milk,but Im tying to cut out a good amount of carbs,so i drink it with water now.I got used too it really fast.

Tardek

Reaction score
I like how if you don't down a lot of fluids with protein, it changes the color of your pee. Seriously, it turns almost highlighter-yellow.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikenogo
I like protein but never tried it.

never had meat, milk, fish or eggs in your life? that's the best protein really.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how could you like it if you never tried it?

quadraphony

Reaction score
I really like Jarrow unflavored. No artificial ingredients. It mixes well with milk and water. I generally trust the quality of that brand's product.

wraith

Reaction score
The only stuff I use these days is TrueProtein milk protein isolate. I kind of look forward to re-ordering because I'll get to try some new flavors.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tardek
I like how if you don't down a lot of fluids with protein, it changes the color of your pee. Seriously, it turns almost highlighter-yellow.
That's a byproduct of basically having too much protein -- excess protein is broken down for energy and the yellowish urea carries nitrogenous compounds out in the urine. If amino acids are being metabolized, sweat will sometimes have an tinge of ammonia to its scent since ammonia is created during amino acid catabolism. Try it: eat a ton of protein and go for a run. Basically, stop wasting your money on so much protein and have some ice cream or something instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads