1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

what kind of paper for the toilet

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Night Owl, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Night Owl

Night Owl Senior member

for genereal wiping purposes what do yuo gays like?

2. Decahedron

Decahedron Well-Known Member

Charmin extra strong or whatever it is.

Gotta pass inspection for the red momma bear!

3. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

100% recycled paper products (Small Steps brand). Don't support deforestation and loss of habitat.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

4. Suave

Suave Senior member

100% recycled paper products (Small Steps brand). Don't support deforestation and loss of habitat.

hippie!

5. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Balneol + any brand > Charmin
    [​IMG]

6. greg_atlanta

greg_atlanta Senior member

Angel Soft, cleans better. Charmin just smears it around, it's too soft.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Wet wipes baby. For at least the final wipe, if not more.

8. otc

otc Senior member

I got a pack of heavy duty shit from costco in january and split it with a friend...it will probably last me at least until this january.

I have gotten used to how little of it I can use--sometimes makes you overconfident when using foreign paper....

9. Kris

Kris Senior member

My left hand is all I need. I just dust it off in the sand when I'm done.

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Baby wipes or a shower immediately thereafter, only. I haven't used toilet paper in a decade except for one emergency situation in Boston following a Pogues concert.

11. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

I usually get whatever's most convienient or on sale at the time.

I usually do my shopping at whole foods though, so I get the in-store brand or sometimes the seventh generation.

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i like one ply scott brand. i could care less about how soft something is to my anus, i want something that is grippable and friction enough to grab everything on a few strokes. i dont like soft brands as they tend to pill on the hairs and create lint upon every stroke filling the air

13. spertia

spertia Senior member

Cottonelle or die.

14. otc

otc Senior member

i like one ply scott brand. i could care less about how soft something is to my anus, i want something that is grippable and friction enough to grab everything on a few strokes. i dont like soft brands as they tend to pill on the hairs and create lint upon every stroke filling the air

The heavy duty shit I got from costco is good for this. I think it is "charmin ultra-strong" or something.

I was worried at first because I am not a fan of "soft" shit...This stuff is kind of soft, but it is strong and it has good wiping qualities--I just don't have to use as many sheets (and I used to use a *lot* of sheets per wipe).

Before finding a 2 year supply for <20 at costco, I used walgreens TP ("premium" I think)...also dirt cheap and reasonable. Not ass-scratch, bleeding and pain...but not "soft"

15. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Oh the flip side, Azizah's family will likely be employed by Dove above local standards, and Azizah will be lifted out of poverty and have a shot at college, which would in turn give her future children a lower mortality rate that her impoverished and malnourished brother's and sister's never had a chance of.

But hey, as long as you can save trees, a renewable resource, it's all worth it, right?

16. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

But hey, as long as you can save trees, a renewable resource, it's all worth it, right?

Yeah, because trees spring up overnight.

17. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Yeah, because trees spring up overnight.

Trees take time to grow, but the pollution caused from recycling paper is forever.

Let's not forget that the evil logging companies plant more tress than any organization out there. Saying that logging companies are the largest threat to the tree population is every bit as dumb and short sighted as saying the beef industry is the largest threat to the cattle population.

18. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I used toilet paper, shit is gross.

Think about it, if you got shit on any other part of your body, would you just take some TP and wipe it off? No way. Soap and water.

Shower immediately after I poop, I make it easy for myself, and just poop once a day, in the evening before my shower, i've made it like a ritual. My body is trained for this!

19. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

Trees take time to grow, but the pollution caused from recycling paper is forever.

Let's not forget that the evil logging companies plant more tress than any organization out there. Saying that logging companies are the largest threat to the tree population is every bit as dumb and short sighted as saying the beef industry is the largest threat to the cattle population.

How can you possibly compare the two? Habitats lost, animals killed, endangered species put at risk... it's not sustainable.

You think you can wipe out ancient forests and make up for the loss by replanting trees, that's not how it works. Forests are not renewable resources.

Saying that preservation is about upholding the "tree population" is short-sighted.

20. Star

Star Senior member

Only the finest Chinese silk spun by the descendent silkworms from the 'Ming Dynasty Era'....