• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what kind of monitor have you got?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still use an old 17' acting up (no red color) shoddy monitor.

Loranga

Reaction score
I have a Dell flatscreen.. Say what ever you want about Dell- flat screen is the best invention after the wheel.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Dell flatscreen.. Say what ever you want about Dell- flat screen is the best invetion after the wheel.
I have the same.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mac Cinema screen.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a 17" Dell E172FP LCD monitor at work and use my Dell Inspiron 5100 notebook with its built in 15" monitor at home or on the road.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just recently picked up a 19" Samsung Syncmaster 997df, I can't bear the thought of having an LCD as my primary monitor. They just aren't good enough yet to justify getting one. Especially not for photo and video stuff...

I may be buying a Dell 26" lcd flat screen for my home theater PC later on this year, since the price is going to be extremely right. It annoys me that CRT monitors are getting harder and harder to find in the local stores. Retailers are pushing flat-screen LCD like it is cooler than sliced bread - granted - the small footprint is attractive, but a CRT will give you truer color, better text definition, higher resolution with no 'native' setting, higher contrast, and less money for the same quality.

I'm still waiting for LCD to catch up.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
huh, that's interesting. I have an 21 inch dell CRT.

I just recently had to get rid of my 21" Eizo drafting monitor. It was 12 years old and the tubes were rapidly burning out.

I remember the good old days when Eizo Nanao's, Viewsonic P series, and Sony Trinitrons were common fare for pc stores to carry. I miss those days. Best Buy now has exactly 2 in stock CRT monitors, and Fry's has 3. Only one of each is over 17". (the same model no less.) It just happens to be the Samsung SyncMaster 997df...

My local stores; Compucare, Hard Drives NW, PC Stop, PC Club, etc. no longer carry any CRT's over 17" and nothing high end or decent. They reccomend buying online. Ugh. Idiots~

arenn1

Reaction score
I am using a 19" LCD model from Formac (www.formac.com). As the name suggests, these are designed for the Macintosh, but take a DVI connection so if you have a video card with DVI output (most video cards only have VGA outputs, but higher end ones often have DVI) you can get a monitor with an excellent design, unlike the typical PC crap. I combined this with a home built PC inside an AMS e-Cube (http://www.amselectronics.com/Produc...EG65/EG65.html) for a decent looking system, for a PC.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am using a 19" LCD model from Formac (www.formac.com). As the name suggests, these are designed for the Macintosh, but take a DVI connection so if you have a video card with DVI output (most video cards only have VGA outputs, but higher end ones often have DVI) you can get a monitor with an excellent design, unlike the typical PC crap. I combined this with a home built PC inside an AMS e-Cube (http://www.amselectronics.com/Produc...EG65/EG65.html) for a decent looking system, for a PC.
I take it you don't ever do any work at high resolution.

Brian SD

Reaction score
21-inch Viewsonic flat dispaly for my PC, 15-inch LCD display on my PowerBook
smile.gif
I wish I had one of those Apple Cinema displays.. it nearly doubles the price of buying a G5.

dietcookie

Reaction score
Philips 17", no big deal to me to have a nice display..

HitMan009

Reaction score
I have a Sony G520P(20") CRT monitor and a Dell 2001FP(20.1") LCD display running concurrently. Both have strong points and weak points. For text, I don't see any reason to use CRT. However, for graphics, I would still use CRT hands down.

jmswentworth

Reaction score
I still use an old 17' acting up (no red color) shoddy monitor.
You have a 17 foot monitor?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
(ernest @ Mar. 20 2005,12:11) I still use an old 17' acting up (no red color) shoddy monitor.
You have a 17 foot monitor?
Ernest lives in a football stadium.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads