• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of men clothing to buy for summer?

kitson

Reaction score
I'm planning to spend some money on summer clothing since my closet is filled with winter

stuff. What type of clothing should men (18-25) wear for the summer. I know there's the

basic polo and shorts, but I find that a bit worn out. Any other ideas? Any contribution

would be great!

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A bespoke Dupioni silk suit is pretty sweet.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A bespoke Dupioni silk suit is pretty sweet.

+1. Excellent material for the warm months. I think a black would be good for making coherent combinations too.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But, it could be the Bariloche. Might need fingerless gloves and hot mocha.
:confused:

I recommend a nice flax suit for my southern hemisphere friends. It is great for providing insulation from the cold. PT Williams and I both ski in them.

Last edited:

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I recommend a nice flax suit for my southern hemisphere friends. PT Williams and I both ski in them.

One of the things that I love about the Southern hemisphere are the Society Islands and those giant penguins that hold the egg between their knees for several months (no Ambrosi.)

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A linen sportcoat. Linen trousers. Get nice slim, flat front ones. The stereotypical baggy ones should probably be left in the cheesy romance novels. Tropical wool suits.

And yeah- polos and chino shorts are useful. Canvas sneakers are great. Boat shoe/ camp moc type footwear. A linen flat cap, or a straw fedora/ panama.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Believe it or not, I've never seen it.

Do you have a flashlight or even a match that you can light to shine a signal out of the cave in which you are trapped?

I will send help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads