• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of men can wear Ascots gracefully on daily basis?

Do you think ascots look good on men?

• YES

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • NO

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeromestyle

Reaction score
examples of celebrities you admire wearing ascots are welcome here.

after casting your vote you might explain why.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Sigh. I might as well be the first to say it. Fred from Scooby Do.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

examples of celebrities you admire wearing ascots are welcome here.

after casting your vote you might explain why.

guy on Australian TV - a cooking show. wears Ascots all the time. He's very big, very articulate, and flamboyant. And an Englishman in Oz, so more or less expected to be eccentric - 'Mad dogs nd Englishmen.. '

My Dad wore them all the time. He was in television too.

tone76

Reaction score
Yep, Fred from Scooby Doo and Matt Preston (the guy from MasterChef Australia that was mentioned by a previous poster) are the only two men on the planet that can successfully pull the Ascot look off. :p

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Yep, Fred from Scooby Doo and Matt Preston (the guy from MasterChef Australia that was mentioned by a previous poster) are the only two men on the planet that can successfully pull the Ascot look off. :p

Don't mean to feed Jerome here, but this pic was too good not to post.

jbw

Reaction score

Not true. The beast/prince from beauty and the beast pulls it off.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't mean to feed Jerome here, but this pic was too good not to post.

Literally everything about that photo is terrible. That man is a travesty.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are ascots made by BOttega Veneta out of interwoven leather hygienic for daily wear ?

Spong

Reaction score
The issue has been raised many times before, it's as divisive an item as classic hats and other vintage inspired fare. Classy or out-dated depending on which side of the fence you sit.

To directly answer the question - this type of man:

I recognise I'm in the minority by saying I think it can still work today. I think it should be done in a more understated fashion though - dark blues or reds, little if any patterning and worn low so as not to be too 'in your face'. Can no longer be paired with a hat or other by-gone items at the same time, that way lies extremity and costume, sadly.

jeromestyle

Reaction score

Are ascots made by BOttega Veneta out of interwoven leather hygienic for daily wear ?

I wasn´t aware about Bottega making buttery leather ascots. I will check them out next time I visit their flagship store. to die for!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads