• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of jacket would you wear with these pants?

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What colors and styles of sport jacket would you pair with each of these 3 pants?
Consider the pants numbered #1-3.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plain navy is certainly the safe choice, especially when you have a pattern in the trousers. There are other plain colours that would work for each particular pair - but you'd have to look at the colours in real life to be able to tell for sure. The only pair that is versatile enough to be a bit more adventurous with jacket choice (patterns etc.) is #2.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy with #1, really?
Aren't you afraid of the "security guard" look with navy jacket on a pant that is close to grey/silver?

Also, is there any other colors you could do for a jacket?

Let's talk a cream linen jacket:
Cream does not work with grey (#1), correct?
Cream could work with #2 and #3, correct?
What exactly can you pair a cream jacket with? (Besides jeans)

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy with grey is classic. I am not too worried about security guards ! I have 2 light tan/beige jackets. One lighter than the other. I personally find a bit hard to match them. I do wear those 2 jackets with grey pants. But really light coloured and light weight grey pants. Cream/beige is sort of day time and a bit casual in my opinion thus works better with a bit casual pants. Fabric wise linen and light weight oxford.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads