• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What kind of jacket would you wear with these pants?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plain navy is certainly the safe choice, especially when you have a pattern in the trousers. There are other plain colours that would work for each particular pair - but you'd have to look at the colours in real life to be able to tell for sure. The only pair that is versatile enough to be a bit more adventurous with jacket choice (patterns etc.) is #2.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy with #1, really?
Aren't you afraid of the "security guard" look with navy jacket on a pant that is close to grey/silver?

Also, is there any other colors you could do for a jacket?

Let's talk a cream linen jacket:
Cream does not work with grey (#1), correct?
Cream could work with #2 and #3, correct?
What exactly can you pair a cream jacket with? (Besides jeans)

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy with grey is classic. I am not too worried about security guards ! I have 2 light tan/beige jackets. One lighter than the other. I personally find a bit hard to match them. I do wear those 2 jackets with grey pants. But really light coloured and light weight grey pants. Cream/beige is sort of day time and a bit casual in my opinion thus works better with a bit casual pants. Fabric wise linen and light weight oxford.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 110 33.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%